FFG's additional heroes for Descent

By Joker2and53, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I am fairly new to this game and trying to figure out what additional heroes exist for Descent: Journeys in the Dark. I have the base game, which included twenty heroes, and all five expansions, three of which included six heroes (WOD, AOD, and TOI), and Sea of Blood, which included Nara the Fang. That gives me a total of 39 heroes. What I need to know is if the following list is an exhaustive list of all of the additional heroes outside the 39 I already have:

1. Jonas the Kind, Tobin Farslayer, and Truthseer Kel. It is my understanding these were released as some kind of set?? How do I get a hold of them?

2. Six heroes from Dungeon quest that are featured on this website, including Tatianna, Hugo the Glorious, Lindel, Brother Gherrin, Challara, and Krutzbeck. Do I have to buy Dungeonquest to get access to these heroes? Does the Dungeonquest box include the Descent character sheets?

Are there any other heroes that I am missing? I am looking only for the heroes that FFG has published, not player created heroes.

Thank you!!!

Joker2and53 said:

I am fairly new to this game and trying to figure out what additional heroes exist for Descent: Journeys in the Dark. I have the base game, which included twenty heroes, and all five expansions, three of which included six heroes (WOD, AOD, and TOI), and Sea of Blood, which included Nara the Fang. That gives me a total of 39 heroes. What I need to know is if the following list is an exhaustive list of all of the additional heroes outside the 39 I already have:

1. Jonas the Kind, Tobin Farslayer, and Truthseer Kel. It is my understanding these were released as some kind of set?? How do I get a hold of them?

2. Six heroes from Dungeon quest that are featured on this website, including Tatianna, Hugo the Glorious, Lindel, Brother Gherrin, Challara, and Krutzbeck. Do I have to buy Dungeonquest to get access to these heroes? Does the Dungeonquest box include the Descent character sheets?

Are there any other heroes that I am missing? I am looking only for the heroes that FFG has published, not player created heroes.

Thank you!!!

1) Jonas, Tobin and Truthseer Kel were promos only (as was Nara for awhile). They were given out a conventions and I believe at FFG Realms of Terrinoth events. They included Descent and Runebound cards and later versions included Runewars cards as well. They frequently sell on ebay for very large sums.

2) Yes, the Descent cards come with the Dungeonquest game.

This website has a hero list:

http://www.descentinthedark.com/_h_/heroes.php

Is there any way to get the Dungeonquest cards and characters without buying Dungeonquest? Does anyone know of a bits seller?

Joker2and53 said:

Is there any way to get the Dungeonquest cards and characters without buying Dungeonquest? Does anyone know of a bits seller?

I've heard word of an internet retailed who starting selling Descent for bits (Auggie's something-or-other, I think.) I don't know if he does DQ as well, but it's worth checking out. Failing that, you could always ask around on sites like BGG. Finding someone willing to trade the figures might be tricky, but I know I've seen people trade for the extra hero cards from games the owner doesn't want.