House Rule Idea: New command: Take Cover!

By Artemus Maximus, in Tannhauser

So I've been playing around with the idea of more commands to issue beyond Overwatch. So that's how Take Cover! came to mind.

Issued when OW is, for 1 CP, a character may be issued TC. Character Taking Cover adds +1 or 2 dice to ranged attack shock rolls (excluding mental weapons), but uses lowest movement values for the turn.

Along with this, Orders (overwatch & take cover) are placed face-down next to character when issued and revealed immediately when an enemy character is in LOS or that character would be activated. They are lost when either that character is wounded or the game round ends.

Haven't been able to test too many games with this and even if i did it would be in a bubble. SO are there any game-breaking issues or general problems this could cause that you can think of?

I guess the thing most attractive to me about this idea is that while everyone knows SOME command was issued to a character, you dont know what it is until youre on their path. I suppose Take Cover would favor the Reich more so than others with more H2H & mental weapons...but really i only ever use OW with them for the schocktruppen

I'm a bit confused by your explanation.

If Take Cover is an Order like Overwatch I assume that contrary to it you still have an activation this Turn. Thus I don't see the point in making it a "secret" decision... as you may activate this character immediately. Take Cover could indeed be used as an opposite tactics against Overwatch by making the character you want to move though the danger zone more resilient.