Leadership and Road to Legend

By Jonny WS, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Did anyone ever find out which version of the skill "Leadership" we are supposed to use for the RtL advanced campaign?

Jonny WS said:

Did anyone ever find out which version of the skill "Leadership" we are supposed to use for the RtL advanced campaign?

The card from AoD is a replacement card. The old 'version' is 'wrong'.

The FAQ explicitly says that to use leadership at all you must spend 1F, therefore you cannot use the 'old' version.

The version from AoD is a replacement card, I will grant you that. But, it was included to streamline the rules with half actions and the prolonged order mechanic in that expansion.

In the RtL rules, under lingering effects for Stun, it does not mention anything about a half action. The same is true for the rulings in the SoB rule book.

Jonny WS said:

The version from AoD is a replacement card, I will grant you that. But, it was included to streamline the rules with half actions and the prolonged order mechanic in that expansion.

In the RtL rules, under lingering effects for Stun, it does not mention anything about a half action. The same is true for the rulings in the SoB rule book.

Point being?

The half action thing is a useful descriptive term even if you are not using the AoD concentrate action rules.

It is a replacement card. Do you not use the replacement cards for skeletons etc?

The FAQ clearly says you may not use Leadership without paying fatigue. In fact the FAQ also explicitly makes it clear that you cannot use the same half action twice during Leadership (ie, may attack once, move once and place an order (or allow someone else to) once). Note that this is under "Rule Changes and Clarifications" on page 1, not the AoD section .

Even when paying fatigue, Leadership is one of the most powerful and unbalanced skills. The original version is even worse.

Jonny WS said:

You can use the old Leadership card if you want to (it's not like anyone here can stop you.) However, by the books, the replacement card from AoD is the only legitimate Leadership card.

As far as the wording of Stun, they probably did it that way to avoid needing to re-explain the concept of half actions for people who don't have AoD. Remember, each expansion is designed to be playable with the base game alone. If you didn't own AoD, you'd use the old Leadership card and you'd have to keep in mind the relevant changes to its mechanics from the FAQ. If you do own AoD, you can use the replacement card and have less to remember that isn't written on the card. If you want to do things your own way, that's cool, too, but Corbon's answer is 100% correct as far as RAW goes, as far as I can tell.

No, I agree to his second post. It was not something that was a major issue, I was just curious about it.