Does Artillery Strike count as a command squad action?

By felkor, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

I assumed since artillery strike is listed under the Command Squad skills that it counts as a command squad action and you can't perform that action and another Command Squad action in the same turn, but today I read in an unofficial FAQ that that isn't the case.

Can anyone confirm one way or the other - can you call in an artillery strike and do a different Command Squad action in the same turn?

felkor said:

I assumed since artillery strike is listed under the Command Squad skills that it counts as a command squad action and you can't perform that action and another Command Squad action in the same turn, but today I read in an unofficial FAQ that that isn't the case.

Can anyone confirm one way or the other - can you call in an artillery strike and do a different Command Squad action in the same turn?

Page 23 says a player can only attempt to use one Command Squad skill once per round. It then lists Artillery Strike - Radioman (Skill) right below that. Therefore I dont think you can call in artillery strike and then do another skill. But you can do another action, you could move or attack (not sustained). On page 15 it states that If the first action was ordering the indirect shot, it can continue with its second action.

Therefore, the command squad is allowed two actions as normal (move, attack, etc.), for one action, the unit can order an artillery strike (skill).

Thanks. That was my understanding as well - I'm guessing whoever put this FAQ together has it wrong. Although the Command Squad lists artillery strike as a separate skill than Command Squad, so perhaps that is how they thought that was the case. I'll keep playing as I have been unless/until I hear otherwise from an official source.