Expansions quickly!

By JonJacob, in Rune Age

Ok, I love this game. It is amazing and the combat is utterly fantastic. I love the met-game aspect, the feel of it and the notion that I'm playing multi-player conflict game with no board in under an hour.

Great work FFG and Cory K especially.

But I feel the need for an expansion. I only really want to play the Runewars scenario since that it what I got the game for... co-op does not interest me at all and the other two are, to me, pale versions of the Runewars scenario.

Expansion, bring it on quick. More units for each army and a larger neuteral pile would be incredible and make this game a masterpiece. Who's with me and please FFG.. give us some word on this. Quarriors has already announced one and NIghtfall has two already. FFG is a leader, especially with expansions, please tell me the game was successfull enough to warrent this.

I'm still debating whether or not to buy this one... A solid expansion would push me over the edge!

Maybe I should pick up a copy. I do like both Dominion and Descent so to combine the two would be plenty fun...

Fnoffen said:

Maybe I should pick up a copy. I do like both Dominion and Descent so to combine the two would be plenty fun...

Well then this is the wrong game for you. You want Thunderstone.

Trump said:

Fnoffen said:

Well then this is the wrong game for you. You want Thunderstone.

True. At it's best Rune Age is a great Runewars card game. The other 3 scenario's are interesting and the combat in the Monument one can be pretty cool but this game is NOT a deck building game from what I can tell. It's a multi player combat game done with cards and no board and for that it's awesome. I'd compare it to Nexus Ops and Runewars maybe even more then Dominion or Thunderstone and it's definitely nothing like Decent.

I'd love an expansion for this too!

I've only had this game 2 weeks, and have been enjoying it immensely, but I can't help but want something more. An idea that I keep kicking around is having the 12 Runewars heroes as neutral cards, given how strongly tied to Runewars this game is already. More units for each of the four races would be good, too!

As long as there are solo scenarios in the expansions I'm on board. I mainly pull out my games once the kids and wife are asleep so solo is a must for me.

Great Game! But it needs an Expansion. It will boost the game for sure!

With Rune Wars: Banners of War (Rune Wars expansion) coming out within 2 weeks I would hope they are making a Rune Age expansion with the content from this expansion. Rune Age contains all of army units in Rune Wars. Rune Age is a great game!

Secret Destroyer said:

I'm still debating whether or not to buy this one... A solid expansion would push me over the edge!

It's exactely the same thing for me so i am waiting ....and waithing ....and .... preocupado.gif

I bought the game to support the idea of expansions. Rune Age really, really needs it, as it could definitely be the opposition to Dominion, Ascension, and other build-a-deck card games. The game is otherwise great. I would like to see unique heroes that flesh out a randomness of the game, in addition to at least one more card type. The idea of an expansion would maybe add an extra scenario or two to play but the focus should be how to maximize both strategy and luck, which the game does do but the card variety is too low to optimize.

Unique cards (neutral heroes) would be a good start. I know at the end of games, players are sitting with a bunch of gold and influence twiddling their thumbs and the better strategy is to cut the decks down towards the end to maximize effectiveness. The other card type could be something that permanently stays out, "like" a Rune that can burn influence and/or gold into, whether pre-set for each army or bought from the neutral area. Rewarding players for different strategies and fleshing out the game is really critical, and can only be achieved via a solid expansion. FFG can grow in supremacy if it supports branching the game's depth out.

Also, "Rune Wars" needs more Runes, and Runes need more scenario playability.

shinobi said:

Ok, I love this game. It is amazing and the combat is utterly fantastic. I love the met-game aspect, the feel of it and the notion that I'm playing multi-player conflict game with no board in under an hour.

Great work FFG and Cory K especially.

But I feel the need for an expansion. I only really want to play the Runewars scenario since that it what I got the game for… co-op does not interest me at all and the other two are, to me, pale versions of the Runewars scenario.

Expansion, bring it on quick. More units for each army and a larger neuteral pile would be incredible and make this game a masterpiece. Who's with me and please FFG.. give us some word on this. Quarriors has already announced one and NIghtfall has two already. FFG is a leader, especially with expansions, please tell me the game was successfull enough to warrent this.

Your wish was thoroughly granted! :)