Reprints?

By Mestre dos Magos, in Runebound

So, do you guys think there will ever be reprints for the out of stock expansions?

I know some people do not care, but I do care to collect all expansions, it makes me uncomfortable to know that this or that expansion I will never be able to acquire.

I started to check on all the out of print expansions and got scared of the rarity status on some of them.

It kinda made me happy to see a collection box, which ran out of stock pretty fast, and it would be nice to know what FFG plans for Runebound...

Will it be reprinted? Will it be given a new face like Game of Thrones, or will it fall into forgetfulness?

Meanwhile, if anyone has a complete collection to sell, or a good collection of expansions, let me know ;)

Well, there was the Essentials box that reprinted 6 card expansions in one box. If that one sells well, hopefully other card "waves" will see a similar box treatment. I wouldn't count on them reprinting the card expansions separately, though. If they were going to do that, I don't think they would've let them lapse into obscurity like they have.

(Unless they convert them to a POD model, which might work out quite nicely.)

As far as big boxes go, the only one I know of that's out of print is Midnight. That one is definitely gone and won't be getting reprinted, FFG was pretty explicit about that at the time, as I recall.

Do you think they did wave 3 as the essetials collection because they had stock left?

danman71 said:

Do you think they did wave 3 as the essetials collection because they had stock left?

I think so. Or just because they were the easiest to reprint. If they should have done a "real" Essentials expansion, they shound have chosen the BEST expansions of each type, which in my opinion are:

Item/Allies expansion: Champions of Kellos & Weapons of Legend

Challenge card expansions: Shadows of Margath & Terrors of the Tomb

Adventure Variants: The Cataclysm & Cult of the Rune

3rd wave had some questionable expansions such as Traps & Terrors and The Seven Scions. Rituals & Runes is a special expansion (gives you lots of Runes and completely new Items, Rituals) and should not have been included in an "Essentials" box. Others are ok.

As far as obtaining them, the Hardest ones to get seem to be:

Artifacts & Allies

The Dark Forest

Terrors of the Tomb

Drakes & Dragonspawn

I am guessing the first 3 as wave 1 sold the best and Drakes sold well on theme as part of wave 2?

danman71 said:

As far as obtaining them, the Hardest ones to get seem to be:

Artifacts & Allies

The Dark Forest

Terrors of the Tomb

Drakes & Dragonspawn

I am guessing the first 3 as wave 1 sold the best and Drakes sold well on theme as part of wave 2?

I also had trouble with Artifacts & Allies, which I had to purchase in the US while living in Europe. Considering what's inside the box, I am not very happy with my investment besides the sense of completeness.

The Dark Forest is so-so, but ultimately ok. Other two expansions are great and I don't understand why only Drakes & Dragonspawn has become so rare. It happens sometimes with game components, perhaps because of the visual appeal. Sir Alric Farrow miniature from Descent Road To Legend is another nice example: it's a cool-looking miniature and almost every owner of RtL wanted to buy it. Perhaps almost every Runebound owner wanted a Drakes expansion as you suggest.

Hehe, irony of ironies that my FLGS is still listing Drakes in stock but I haven't managed to get any of the three expansions I would really like: Dark Forest, Terrors of the Tomb and Scepter of Kyros.

Dam said:

Hehe, irony of ironies that my FLGS is still listing Drakes in stock but I haven't managed to get any of the three expansions I would really like: Dark Forest, Terrors of the Tomb and Scepter of Kyros.

Who is your FLGS? I still need Drakes. I have ordred it online about 5 times and each time the store comes back and cancels it on me.

It's a Finnish store, very doubtful they would ship outside Finland (maybe Sweden). Even if they did, shipping from Finland is sickly high.

Dam said:

It's a Finnish store, very doubtful they would ship outside Finland (maybe Sweden). Even if they did, shipping from Finland is sickly high.

Nevermind then. I found once place in Germany that had it, but they wanted 30 Euro to ship it. I'll keep looking in the US.