First Question: Setup for Neutral and City Cards

By zonimi, in Rune Age

The rules are vague at best and I don't want to assume:

1. During setup, when making the 3 Neutral piles, do you shuffle the Neutral Unit and Neutral Tactic cards together and create the 3 Neutral piles from that random shuffle based on the variable setup for how many to add to the pile? Or do you keep the two types of neutral cards separate and make 2 piles of Tactic cards and 1 pile of Unit cards, as shown in the Setup diagram. If a pile runs out does it get replaced or is that resource gone for the rest of the game?

2. Similar question for Neutral Cities: just shuffle and lay out a number of cities as based on the Variable Setup chart? Once captured I assume they are not replaced.

zonimi said:

1. During setup, when making the 3 Neutral piles, do you shuffle the Neutral Unit and Neutral Tactic cards together and create the 3 Neutral piles from that random shuffle based on the variable setup for how many to add to the pile? Or do you keep the two types of neutral cards separate and make 2 piles of Tactic cards and 1 pile of Unit cards, as shown in the Setup diagram. If a pile runs out does it get replaced or is that resource gone for the rest of the game?

2. Similar question for Neutral Cities: just shuffle and lay out a number of cities as based on the Variable Setup chart? Once captured I assume they are not replaced.

1. You form 3 non-random piles with the 3 different neutral cards suggested by the scenario. Each pile contains only 1 kind of cards (that's it, 1 pile of Forced March cards, 1 pile of Battle Cry cards and one pile of Demon cards for the Dragonlord scenario. Each of these piles contain a number of cards based on the Variable Setup chart.

2. Yes and yes (they are NOT replaced).

Maerimydra is correct. But I do think i could have been made a bit more clear. the rule book is a bit vague with a few things.

Maerimydra said:

zonimi said:

1. You form 3 non-random piles with the 3 different neutral cards suggested by the scenario. Each pile contains only 1 kind of cards (that's it, 1 pile of Forced March cards, 1 pile of Battle Cry cards and one pile of Demon cards for the Dragonlord scenario. Each of these piles contain a number of cards based on the Variable Setup chart.

The rules could definitely be a little more clear for this but I agree with Maerimydra except I read those neutral unit and tactic cards and being a suggestion. My group played with the suggested cards for the first time but in future plays we'll draw random neutral cards like the cities.

garathkane said:

Maerimydra said:

zonimi said:

The rules could definitely be a little more clear for this but I agree with Maerimydra except I read those neutral unit and tactic cards and being a suggestion. My group played with the suggested cards for the first time but in future plays we'll draw random neutral cards like the cities.

Even if you do that, you must still have one pile of neutral cards that cost 2 Influences, one pile of neutral cards that cost 4 Influences and one pile of neutral cards that cost 6 Influences.