Bleeding out...

By CurlyJ49, in Gears of War: The Board Game

The rule for " Bleeding Out" is worded a little confusing.

"At the start of this turn, he may move (crawl) up to one area, but must then skip the Heal and COG order step of his turn."

This makes it sound as though if you don't crawl you get to Heal and then have a COG order step if you don't crawl.

But then at the end of that section it says " Important : A player cannot draw order cards for any reason while his figure is bleeding out."

Why would you even get a Heal step if you can't draw cards anyway?

Can anyone from FFG clarify?

Thank you, love the game!

CurlyJ49 said:

...But then at the end of that section it says " Important : A player cannot draw order cards for any reason while his figure is bleeding out."

Why would you even get a Heal step if you can't draw cards anyway?

I believe this is to prevent another COG from playing the "Sit Tight" card so a bleeder could draw two cards. You've got to revive them before they can draw any cards.

TK

I understand that Tim but why did they word the rule that way? Why did they make it sound like you get a heal and order step if you don't crawl?

Poor phrasing, most likely. What they mean is that you may crawl one space, but no matter what, you must skip the heal and order steps. You don't have to crawl anywhere if you don't want to, but regardless you skip the rest of the turn and go straight to drawing an AI card.

LinkN said:

Poor phrasing, most likely.

Agreed. FFG is famous for vague wording, but I see this as their best rule book yet. Great job on the verbage this time!

TK