Campaign editor export problem

By odde_dario, in Descent Home Brews

I've tried this on two different computer because you never know and they both do this...

when I export the map as picture or pdf, even if all the pieces are connected, what I get is this...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/62686280.jpg/

I really can't see what I'm doing wrong...

thanks

This problem sometimes occurs, but it can be removed if you do the following:

1) Don't change the colour of the tiles.

2) Don't use more elements than are in game. If you have used more, remove some elements and the problem will vanish.

However, the best thing you can do is to use Tile System with the WART-set instead of using the FFG editor.

I used tile colors and more tiles than come with the game many times and it never seemed to cause a problem for me.

That picture does not make it clear to me what your symptoms are, but I seem to recall that editor has a known bug that export misbehaves unless you save before exporting.

However, I second the recommendation to use TileSystem.

I always save before exporting, nevertheless, exactly that problem occured.

Then I reduced the number of exceeding elements and resetted the colours – and the problem had gone.

I remember that the problem could be solved as well by increasing the number of copies of Descent in the editor's calibrations.

I think that this problem occurs when the number of some specific elements (e.g. coloured rune-lock doors) exceed the number of tokens the editor thinks that are availible. (Not all kind of elements, but some special stuff.)

However, the best thing you can do is not to wrack your brain with this problem, but simply use Tile System.

Antistone, the problem that i get is that the pieces come apart in the final picture

I doubt the problem depends on the number of pieces because as you can see, it happens even if I only place any two pieces.

I know about the tile system an plan on using it, I just wanted to make this work as I understand the ffg site only accepts pdf made with their own tool

Yes, the quest database only accepts PDF-files, but it cannot distinguish with which editor these files have been created.

Tile System is able to convert its maps into PDF files, this works perfectly well. Currently, there are definitely some Tile System maps in the quest database.