I was wondering... What is the new deck come set 3?

By dutpotd, in Gummi Garage

Hi everyone - dut ready to build again :)

I recently acquired my first 2 boxes of set 3.. and I have built 3+ themed decks. Needless to say the balance deck, one that can race and kill is my favorite and goal. But I do need to ask the community (and on a fresh new forums) which one do people think will be the new powerhouse and behind what theme?

I know dark decks are far from all that, but what about a well constrcuted dark deck, and one that is piloted correclly, able to bridge and play cards like no ones business :)

As always, I am curious, and I am playtesting - as much as I have time at my desk here the cards will be shuffling. Can't wait to see what people come up with.

My current favorite deck combo... can't say - play me in the chatzy!!!

- dut

Right now I'm toying around with what I call "Monstro Blitz"

It pretty much works to set up the "Monstro Lock" of Monstro level 1 in play and your three friends being Phil, Owl, and Sephiroth ASAP. Then it just keeps challenging with Sephiroth and back up Attack Cards as needed such as Oblivion, Soul Eater, and Ultima till they lose. It's still in the playtesting phases, but I think it has potential.

I'd definitely love to playtest with you sometime sir. When are you in Chatzy?

A dark deck well piloted is subjective to interpretation and would be piloted differently and according to the match-up (though that would depend on the meta-game). If dark decks were a powerful force in the meta-game, any light player could easily pack a Kairi and Monstro lvl 1 to deal with such a deck (most that I have seen use Monstro lvl 1) .

I don't really have one favorite deck per say but there certainly decks that I believe to be stronger than others with the realease of Light and Darkness. I like control and it is certainly powerful and is certainly hard to counter when played right (though again this is subjective to opinion and matters more on the meta-game). There are certainly powerhouse cards within the set. (Phil, Monstro lvl 1, the King, Ultima Weapon to name a few).

Dut, your question is a bit hard to answer with the lack of a serious meta-game but my personal favorite is either Sora Control (very much a meta-game deck, as it packs tons of anti-aggro), Stopra Aggro (with control on friends rather than hand, i.e monstro lvl 1 Simba lvl 3 etc.) and WR with pan and cloud (can be very fast if one is not prepared for it).

With the release of set 3 I can't go past a dark deck, though i'm churning between WR and JoaT at the moment, working out which way I wanna go with it

WayToTheDawn said:

Right now I'm toying around with what I call "Monstro Blitz"

It pretty much works to set up the "Monstro Lock" of Monstro level 1 in play and your three friends being Phil, Owl, and Sephiroth ASAP. Then it just keeps challenging with Sephiroth and back up Attack Cards as needed such as Oblivion, Soul Eater, and Ultima till they lose. It's still in the playtesting phases, but I think it has potential.

I'd definitely love to playtest with you sometime sir. When are you in Chatzy?

I'm running A deck like that...I lost 2 won 4 with it...it is awesome!

Monstro lvl 1 is certainly a very powerful card.

I'm pulling for the control deck

where Combos like Jack lvl 3 and Behemoth to wipe out friends, as well as Simba lvl 4 still work as well as Monstro lvl 1 with Owl, Phil and (since I dont own a Sephiroth) Beast lvl 3

I was thinking of something like Sora Lv 2 (Promo) with Pooh Lv 1, Owl, Phil, and Sebastian, but then I noticed that friends were still possible, monstro Lv 1 could break this deck, and Sora's power only activates when challenged, not when challenging... So, yeah...this total lockdown deck needs work as well as cards that aren't even real yet...

I'm actually wonder if you could make a sucessful burn deck (with Wvyern, Pirate, Pot Spider, Barrel Spider)

It's my new life goal.