Characters/Lines from ADwD you'd like to see made into cards.

By Shenanigans8, in 6. AGoT Spoiler Space

Reading Ben's favorite quotes thread

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=19&efcid=4&efidt=521668

gave me this idea. Ever since I started playing this game, I've always liked when great lines/characters got turned into great cards. To me, it enhances both the game AND the books. For example, I played with the card "Bones of a Child" before I read it in the book (as did most everyone I imagine) and not only did I have a nerdy moment of excitement when I got to that line, but it seemed weightier than it might otherwise have been. (As a side note, I also get bummed out when great lines become sub-par cards;"Someone ALways Tells" being an example)

With that said, what lines/characters from A Dance with Dragons do you particularly want to see turned into cards? Feel free to add in what type of card, what you think it should do in-game, etc.

Personally, I'd love to see a House-Stark only event "The North Remembers" perhaps as a Shadows event that somehow increases claim.

"Words are wind" (which EVERYONE in the book seems to say) sounds like a fun neutral event...what should it do, though?

Hizdahr zo Loraq might be a good Targaryen character. 3 Str, Intrigue and Power, Noble Crest, Lord, (maybe even King) and some fun, perhaps traitor-ish ability.

Wyman Manderly, Iron Emmett, and The Widow of Barrowton would also make good cards I think.

Discuss!

Griff, Little Griff, Duck, Halfmaester, the sexy Septa (who's name I forget) and the rest of the motley crew that Tyrion joins up with would fit well as Targ/Neutral characters. A few of the Golden Company and some of the other sellsword Legions would go down nicely, too.

A faceless Arya could be fairly awesome, also.

Quite what Quentyn Martell and his two companions could do for Martell though, I'm not sure.

Wun Wun!

Also Tormund, of course (though he's not a new character, but a glaring omission from the LCG so far). Robert Strong. Brazen Beasts. Moqorro/the Black Flame.

Dance with Dragons has really given us such a nice array of new characters, I hope we will see most of them in the cycle after Tale of Champions.

Saturnine said:

Wun Wun!

Yes, perfect!

+1 to Wun Wun and Robert Strong.

Some new Night's Watch characters would be good as well, Bowen Marsh et al.

Saturnine said:

Some new Night's Watch characters would be good as well, Bowen Marsh et al.

This begs the question, why don't we have a Donal Noye and a Fist of the First Men already? I'd even put a case forward for Ser Weymar Royce ;)

Oh, and Bloodraven (looking forward to the card art on that one)

Saturnine said:

Yes indeed. I'd like to see two Bloodravens in fact; one historical and one current.

And yes, Wun-Wun, of course! How could they make a good unique out of him though? 5 Str, Military icon, Deadly, Wildling? That doesn't seem like enough by itself. Maybe "Response: Kneel Wun-Wun to dismember an uppity Southron knight" would be appropriate?

Personally, I'd like to see Robert Strong in action before we get a card.

I think it would be cool to have a new Targ sub-theme revolvoing around Young Grif. Thanks to Dance, there are now Targ cousins that are similar to the Baratheon brothers, and I'd like to see these opportunites exploited.

Aren't they nephew and aunt?

Bur I like the idea of a distinct feel for the Young Griff faction (ceterum censeo I would like a Westerosi supporters of the Targaryens subtheme with a special feel as well).

Starblayde said:

Quite what Quentyn Martell and his two companions could do for Martell though, I'm not sure.

I vote he gets the Fool trait, like Moon Boy and Ser Dontos.

I'd also be happy to see a "For the Realm and for the children" card or something similar.

I feel like "words are wind" should be similar in effect to "paper shield", in terms of cancellation. Maybe use it to cancel a character's triggered ability?

Saturnine said:

Having now read the Dunk & Egg stories, I fully agree (and kinda wish I'd read those somewhere in between ACoK and AFfC, for maximum effect).

Starblayde said:

(and kinda wish I'd read those somewhere in between ACoK and AFfC, for maximum effect).

Same here. I didn't read the second and third Dunk & Egg story until after ADWD, so I really missed out while reading the Bran chapters.

I want a neutral Hugor Hill, I also want some Pit Fighter's and Khal Pono. I'd like Dany's new husband (whose name I forgot) as a King card. I'd love a new Jeyne Pool as a false Arya. Perhaps a new Rattleshirt/Mance. Any of the Young Griff/Old Griff crew and of course a lot of mercenaries from the stories. Oh and Penny and her pigs!

lol can you imagine Pretty Pig as an attachment for tyrion? it would be : every time character is participating in a challenge, loose 1 power :)

I've been watching the show too much recently, I want a "The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors" card!

Skowza said:

I've been watching the show too much recently, I want a "The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors" card!

There WAS one in the CCG, a plot card "Dark and Full of Terrors," part of a cycle of plot cards with the Others trait.

I'd like to see them reprinted.

I still want some "Others" cards, period. Whether it be based off the little one that attacks the three Rangers at the very start of A Game Of Thrones, maybe one general "big" Other, one based off the sacrifice receiver that Craster gives his newborn sons to, etc.

I just think the "Others" trait is one that could be fleshed out a little bit that could add something to every theme for each House (moreso Stark's Wildling/Night's Watch themes).

We already have Others cards- Fleeing to the Wall! ;)

A basic idea for Tattered Prince (Neutral):

Lord. Mercenary.

4 Gold

3 STR. MIL INT

No attachments except Boon .

Renown.

During the Challenges phase, each Mercenary you control gains " Response: After an opponent discards a card from his or her hand, +1 STR until the end of the phase."

I would like some people from the house of black and white, like the facelessman who is featured in one of the new chapter packs if i remember right.

Coldhands and maybe the guy whos connected to the trees or some children of the forest. A new Bran and maybe a "possessed" Hodor^^.

Some of the Church people like the high septon or the warriors sons, lancel lannister.

I really would like a new Varys and maybe his children.

More wildlings would be really cool especially Wun Wun and Tormund.

And there is a bunch of others who got introduced so i dont think FFG will have a lack of choices.

Already looking forward to after "Beyond the Narrow Sea"

I'm very happy with all the cards they're making right now. The new "warging" Bran is very nedly. And I'm sure we'll see a lot of the ideas brought forth here before the cycle is over.