Combat twice in a Hero's turn

By LETE, in Middle-earth Quest

Hiyas!

Dunno if we're doing this right:

A Hero is in a location w/a Minion & a monster, both.

His Ambush Step comes up - the Minion ambushes the Hero.

The Hero doesn't defeat the Minion (but is neither defeated himself ).

The Hero doesn't move out of the location in his Travel Step - the Hero stays.

Come the Combat or Peril Step, can the Monster/Minion (again) attack then? Or this is only triggered if a Hero has just entered the location in his Travel Step (has just Moved there this turn)? The wording is a bit vague...

Thanks!

L

Combat/Peril is only triggered if the Hero moves away and moves back. Otherwise if he survived the Ambush, he can explore and/or encounter the space as he chooses.

See page 22 of the rules. I agree with Dam.

Yep I agree with DAM and Book.

I believe the same principle applies to characters attempting to Explore the space they have started their turn on - to explore they have to move off and then move back to the same space.

Klaen said:

I believe the same principle applies to characters attempting to Explore the space they have started their turn on - to explore they have to move off and then move back to the same space.

Not true. You can do your Travel Step as many times as you can, each time you do Move-Combat/Peril-Explore in sequence. However, Move is an optional (hero may move to an adjacent location) and if you don't Move, C/P doesn't trigger either. Thus, you can start right at Explore.

"If a player wishes to explore the location that he started his turn
on, he may skip the “Move” and the “Combat or Peril” parts of
his first Travel step and then explore in his current location (after
which he may choose to take additional Travel steps, as normal)." (p. 24)

Remember that Monsters are always removed from the board at the end of a fight, even if they are not defeated. That said I think that in the next turn the combat phase cannot be done because that phase is triggered when a "Hero enters a new location", but I think that the second Monster/Minion can ambush the Hero.