RTL: Dungeon #33: Down the Drain - Follow Up Question

By any2cards, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Since, within the GLOAQ thread it was specified that Grapple cannot actually grapple more than 1 figure in a given square, thus allowing another figure to "pass" through the figure grappled, and not be grappled by themselves.

Given this, assume a hero steps into a water square and his turn immediately ends. Can another hero step through that hero, and subsequently step through the water space without his turn immediately ending? Kind of like using his hero for a stepping stone? This seems to be consistent with the grapple rule above.

How would you rule?

In regards to this question - I would rule that no figure can EVER end its movement on the same space as another figure, and that if needed the moving figure would have to go back to its last legal space if such a situation arose. So because of this, the heroes could move over grappled heroes and use them as stepping stones.

In regards to your other post - You can NEVER jump over water. Period. The fact that this level states that you have to end your movement means that you have to go in the water and have your turn end.

In general, I know that you cannot jump over water. Having said that, in general you can never enter water. Except this dungeon allows you to enter water, so you can't simply state that you can never jump over water, as it seems to make thematic sense that if you can enter it (much like a pit, mud, ice, etc.), you should be able to jump over it.

I don't think you understood my original post point about grapple. It has already been ruled that grapple cannot hold more than 1 figure in a given space. Because of this, you are allowed, by the rules, to move one hero through another who is grappled, and not be grappled yourself. So it would seem to make thematic sense that you could move a hero through another heo already in water and not have your turn immediately end.

The turn of the hero who enters a water space in this level ends immediately, as per the special rules. Another hero in the same water space does not cancel this rule.

Although there is no special ruling for such cases, we have the precedence with the Acrobat opening a door while on another figure´s space and triggering a door trap that ends his turn. In this case the OL moves the figure to an adjacent space of his choice.

We suggested to use this precedence as a general guideline for resolving similar situations when we submitted the FAQ proposal document.

The Grapple analogy doesn´t work, since Grapple explicitly can hold only one figure per space, as per the GLoAQ.

Parathion said:

The turn of the hero who enters a water space in this level ends immediately, as per the special rules. Another hero in the same water space does not cancel this rule.

Although there is no special ruling for such cases, we have the precedence with the Acrobat opening a door while on another figure´s space and triggering a door trap that ends his turn. In this case the OL moves the figure to an adjacent space of his choice.

We suggested to use this precedence as a general guideline for resolving similar situations when we submitted the FAQ proposal document.

The Grapple analogy doesn´t work, since Grapple explicitly can hold only one figure per space, as per the GLoAQ.

I would have a look to the FAQ page 8 to solve this problem:

Movement
Q:Can a figure enter a square where it cannot normally
end its movement if there is a chance (but not a certainty)
that it will be unable to leave?
A: Yes.

A space occupied by another figure is a space where you cannot end your movement. If you enter a water space and apply the special rules for Dungeon 33, it becomes a space where you are certain that you may not leave. For this reason, you shall not enter a space with water and a Hero, since you cannot move out and this is illegal.