Deck Limit

By Fryd Pickles, in Rune Age

So at the end of each player's turn and at the end of the Event phase, all players draw up to 5 cards? So if you already have 5 or more cards, you don't draw any more? Your army would seem kind of weak with only 5 cards in your hand. Am I missing something?

Fryd Pickles said:

So at the end of each player's turn and at the end of the Event phase, all players draw up to 5 cards? So if you already have 5 or more cards, you don't draw any more? Your army would seem kind of weak with only 5 cards in your hand. Am I missing something?

Correct. Most of the cards allow you to draw more units out of your deck. The general idea of the deck building games is that you want to get the higher strength creatures in your deck and weed out the lower strength cards. That way when you draw only 5 cards you have better odds of getting strong cards. A friend managed to attack me with 22 strength against my home realm with the elves by using influence to keep cards in his hand that were stronger and discarded the weaker cards. After a couple times he had a really strong hand.