Release Date

By Walk, in Elder Sign

So, I've been counting the days until Elder Sign's release date. I'll be headed off to college on September 6, and I'm rather anxious to get the game before then (as soon as possible, in fact). According to the Upcoming page, a product spends 7-10 days in the shipping stage and is then available. Elder Sign's release date is listed as August, but it's only 6 days until the 31st, and the game isn't shipping yet. If there are any experienced clock watchers here, cuold you fill me in on how the release of a new game usually operates in conjuction with the Upcoming page? Do games ever release after the month put as their release date? Does the shipping time ever significantly vary from the listed 7-10 days?

I'm going by Amazon's listing date as around the 6th of Sept.

I called a store, got a release date of Thursday, September 8th.

My order from Amazon arrived today.

Kawarazu said:

I called a store, got a release date of Thursday, September 8th.

Well I wish i was lucky enough to at least have a date or something, where I live they havent got any clue when this is going to hit the shelves. Its as mysterious

as the great ancient ones themselves i gues. And in the meanwhile the clock is ticking and I loose more of my sanity every hour! babeo.gif

Thanks for the input, everyone. I ordered it from Amazon with two-day shipping. Amazon estimates the delivery time asbeing around the end of September, but it also says it will be "shipping soon." Hmm...

Walk said:

Thanks for the input, everyone. I ordered it from Amazon with two-day shipping. Amazon estimates the delivery time asbeing around the end of September, but it also says it will be "shipping soon." Hmm...

I ordered from Amazon as well and my order now shows Shipping Soon with delivery estimate of September 13th. I am so anxious to get this game. I played it at PAX and really enjoyed it.

Update on my Amazon order...they shipped one to me today. I will get it on Monday (but am out of town until Friday). So hopefully that happens for the others who ordered from Amazon and were alarmed, like I was, to see that it wouldn't come until October.