Distrubution to the actual city of Deadwood and surrounding areas!

By attilathejund, in Deadwood

Hi there,

My name is Jestin Jund and I live in the town of Rapid City, SD. Rapid City is about 30 minutes away from Deadwood and this game caught my eye when it was first announced for that reason alone. Currently, Deadwood and the surrounding cities are all tourist areas and I was curious if there would be distribution to the area. We have a board game store in town that carries some Fantasy Flight games but I could really see this game doing well in all of the kitschy tourist shops, especially those in Deadwood itself and towns like Hill City or Keystone.

I'm a long time Fantasy Flight fan and I just thought I would let you all know about the opportunity! I've been dying to try this game based on early reviews and play tests. The theme seems to be laid on heavy and that is great considering the subject matter.

Thanks!

I am disappointed exactly by the lack of real theming in this game. I, through my wife's family, have a connection with Deadwood. I would have like to have seen a map board that kind of resemebled the area of Deadwood. Instead it's a boring, bizarre mix of things with an upside down railrroad track pyramind. The charactor cards are ridiculous caricatures that would be better suited to a Saturday morning cartoon show. I don't see any real theming of what everyone went to Deadwood for: Gold. The history of Deadwood has plenty of interesting stuff around which to base a game and none of it was used. You could have just called the game, "Cowboys."

I think this game really misses the mark set by FFG's better games.