Monster Hunter International

By Aeaea, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

Great series of novels if you're looking for some good monster killing fun...

Larry Correia is the author and these are the books so far:

1. Monster Hunter International
  2. Monster Hunter Vendetta
  3. Monster Hunter Alpha
  4. Monster Hunter Legacy (writing in progress)

If you happen to have an audible.com account, the narrator for this series, Oliver Wyman, is terrific and you'll find yourself laughing out loud many times throughout the book.

What's it about?

<first turn your suspension of disbelief knob waaaay up>

• Monsters are real!
  • The government is (brutally) covering it up and has done so for years...
  • There's a bounty on monster kills and a few private organizations are thriving on it.
  • But it's dangerous. Monsters are nasty, really nasty. No, really really nasty!
  • Someone's got to do it, and they might as well enjoy it. And MHI is the best of the best.

<return knob to respectable level of disbelief>

So anyway, it's good fun and the author knows how to entertain. Lots of guns, magic, a little romance and intrigue, and really terrible monsters that want to kill us all. Plus there is a very healthy dose of modern day Lovecraftian horror/adventure thrown in that people on this board will surely enjoy. I wouldn't be surprised if the author plays AH himself.

I was skeptical at first, but these are not your typical zombiefest or vampire romance novels. It's just a group of dedicated men and women saving the world and keeping things safe for the rest of us.

Monster Hunter International would be such an awesome boardgame, set it up like Star Wars Imperial Assault, or like Zombies the Tile game.

Holy necroposting... :D

I love these books. What is funny is that at the game store where i got my Arkham Horror expansions, also has the core rulebook for a Monster Hunter International pen and paper rpg. very interesting.