Painted the COGs

By Rwakelin, in Gears of War: The Board Game

Picked up the game at GenCon and was impressed. The miniatures in particular are very detailed. Our only challenge was telling the different characters apart was sometimes tricky, but this can easily be solved with a bit of painting.

So I tried a bit of dry-brushing and some basic techniques on the characters and they really come to life! Here's the results of my efforts:

374163197.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCK

Sorry, can't see the picture.

Nicely done. Any plans to do the locust?

Nice Work!

Can you tell us the height of the figures?

Nice job, I can't wait to get my hands on this game. Please what size are the figures.

Did didn't measure them, but I paint a lot of 25mm figures and they feel about that size.

I'm definitely going to tackle locust painting. They're fairly mono-tone (as is the Gears world) so I'll probably go with a very simple dry-brush or ink on them.

I am in the middle of painting the COG figures as well - I put my figures on new bases and I plan to base them as well. The plastic figures are detailed, but hard to tell apart... unless you paint them. They are in the 25mm-30mm scale range.

No plans to paint the Locust figures right now - pretty easy to tell apart.

excellent work. :)

RussWakelin said:

Ooops... Here's a direct link to the picture:

full javascript:void(0);/*1313592363771*/

You are a most adept painter. Your skills are quite good. I plan to paint mine too. I love painting but they won't turn out that nice! :)

Btw i presume you used an undercoat on them? What colors of paint did you use?

Nicely done! I'll start on mine as soon as the game arrives.

Great ! I'm a beginner at painting and I'm afraid to screw mine...

Have you noticed that Dom's miniature carry a Lanzor although his stat sheet mentions a shotgun instead ?

yea i think doms figure souldof had a shotgun even if just to show some creativity

loken14 said:

yea i think doms figure souldof had a shotgun even if just to show some creativity

The figures look too much alike. You have to look pretty closely at all but 1 to identify them. That is a shame.