Just got this game on Ebay--now what?

By The Old Man, in Middle-earth Quest

I must confess that I purchased it because of interest in Lord Of The Rings and I got a good price--$41 including shipping--NIB. I am a little overwhelmed, but the size of it all. It hasn't arrived yet, but I'm reviewing the rules--40 pages! I am encouraged by the fact that the FAQs are only one page (I was put off by AGOT LCG have FAQs that were much larger than the actual rules.)

Anyway just wanted to say I'm looking forward to opening it up and getting started. Any tips for newbies appreciated.

My advice is, get a couple of friends, print off at least one extra copy of the rules, and just start playing.

You'll make tons of mistakes and errors, but when you play a second time, you'll have learnt the basic game flow and should cut an hour or so off your game time.

As Sauron - all I hav really learnt thus far, is intimidate the hell out of the heroes - picking on someone is always good (preventing one player from completing their quest can save your bacon) and use your minions- they are tough and scare the pants out of the heroes.

As a hero - not having played one yet I am no authority, although communication and teamwork seems to be the key to winning, you have to assist each other achieve your missions or you are screwed. Oh and strike hard and fast - cut off as many Influence 'extensions' as posisble - this can really screw Sauron.

Have fun - it's an awesome game!

OK, it came. I'm afraid to open it, I'm intimitated by its weight. I'm considering trading it for Dominion--which I've never played. Sauron may have defeated me without a single card being played.

Noooo, it's an awesome Pandora's Box of joy! Open it and feel the gaming love lmao.

Yes rules are complex - 2 games and you'll have it down pat. I am hoping to play my third tomorrow night...now with all my miniatures finally painted!

w00t!

Indeed, MEQ is a game as opposed to a shuffling-experience that is Dominion. In fact, there are more than enough cards in MEQ to get the shuffling-experience + a game gran_risa.gif . Yes, I loathe Dominion.

OK, I'm diving in this weekend. Thanks.