Cthulhu Synergy

By Walk, in Call of Cthulhu LCG

Greetings, detectives, scholars, criminals, and assorted cultists and eldritch abominations. After a fair amount of consideration, I have finally decided to get into this game, and the Core Set is in the mail as I write. My main playing partner (at least for games at home) will be my brother. The plan is to get one copy of each Asylum pack/expansion (as finances allow) and share it. In order to avoid squabbles over who gets a particular card, we have agreed to each choose two factions and stick with them, perhaps switching at some point if the other allows (of course, there still might be arguments over neutral cards, but...). Reviewing the descriptions of the various factions (along with a not insignificant quantity of the Card of the Week articles), I have settled on Cthulhu and one other Ancient One. Picking this latter is why I'm here. My initial inclination was Hastur, but I somewhat prefer Yog-Sothoth thematically. Any suggestions?

Walk said:

Greetings, detectives, scholars, criminals, and assorted cultists and eldritch abominations. After a fair amount of consideration, I have finally decided to get into this game, and the Core Set is in the mail as I write. My main playing partner (at least for games at home) will be my brother. The plan is to get one copy of each Asylum pack/expansion (as finances allow) and share it. In order to avoid squabbles over who gets a particular card, we have agreed to each choose two factions and stick with them, perhaps switching at some point if the other allows (of course, there still might be arguments over neutral cards, but...). Reviewing the descriptions of the various factions (along with a not insignificant quantity of the Card of the Week articles), I have settled on Cthulhu and one other Ancient One. Picking this latter is why I'm here. My initial inclination was Hastur, but I somewhat prefer Yog-Sothoth thematically. Any suggestions?

Cthulhu's faction can work well with any faction, and he can stand very well on his own, even. If you haven't already, I would suggest looking at each faction and deciding which one would work best with Cthulhu's faction.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2519

I would also figure out what you want the deck to do ahead of time. That'll help pin down what faction(s) you want to use.