Deck Building Tips for a New Player?

By Jvirtue55, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

So im just starting out this game, I have played CCGs competivily in the past so I know how to play card games, but last night I was going through my cards and just having a hard time of know what should be in the decks. I purchased all the cards so I can use any cards when i make the deck

units and supports that cost 2 barrels are usually a pretty good place to start.

anything unit/support/tactic that has a better Cost to P ratio than 2:1 is probably pretty good.

24 units, 12-15 supports, and 12-15 tactics is a pretty standard curve to shoot for. Outside of that and you either don't have enough threats, too few resources, or not enough resources to play an effective number of cards per turn.

if you've ever played Magic the Gathering know this...EVERYTHING HAS HASTE. It was the hardest thing I had to get used to and man does it speed up the game.

outside of that, it all depends on what you enjoy playing. There are control mechanics as well as boards that lean towards rush, stompy, swarm, direct damage(ish), and a few combos around that can be game changers.

Key to remember is that you get 3 resources and 1 card per turn. If you deck is built to play cheap cards, you need to make sure you keep your hand size growing. If you like big hitters/combos, you'll need alot of resources and mass removal to keep you in the game long enough for your heavy hitters to work. Just rember, you get 3 resources and 1 card per turn...very important. This game is much quicker to the punch than many of the other CCGs I've played in the past.

Honestly, you just need to play a lot. If you are playing against people that have already played the game for a while, that's one thing. If you are playing with friends who haven't played either, I would start out with just the core set. Split the neutrals and pick a side (Order or Destruction) for each player, then just build decks and get the hang of the game.

Which zone to play in, which developments to play, etc. are often hard decisions and experience helps a lot. There are usually more decisions in any given turn than there are in Magic. Constructed WH:I is most like Vintage or Legacy of the Magic formats, because of the number of cards you see.

Not going to happen we have all the cards so we are building decks with all the cards lol

Well, with having all the cards at your disposal, you can more easily see the themes present for each race. Generally speaking, if you pick all or most that are obvious, you'll have a working deck. It may need tweaking with some neutrals or less obvious choices but that's what I did with my collection.