Tthe most common complaint I've heard from people after 20 plays, and an idea for an expansion that would resolve it

By TyrionXavier, in Rune Age

The most common complaint that I've heard from people after playing quite a few times is that the deck that you build is, more or less, going to be the same each time you play as a specific faction. For example, if you are playing the Undead, every time you play you will have some combination of the 4 basic units in your deck, plus a mix of a very few select neutral cards. This doesn't leave for much variation on repeats.

An idea to mix up the decks a bit, is to add in extra unit cards that you choose before playing. For example, an expansion could include 4 new units per faction, and before the game starts, each player selects 4 of the units to put into their decks, with restrictions being that you have to have one of each "category" of unit (a level 1, 2, 3 and 4 unit). Different types of strongholds with different abilities could also be chosen beforehand. This would mix up the "base" deck quite a bit, and make for some interesting variation.

In addition, see my thread 'Secret Deployment Deck' Aug 26.

I agree that most players are concerned with 'variation' of the decks.