First couple of games - questions

By skolo, in Battlelore

So, I finished couple of games of Battlelore. Started with first two scenarios. I have won 2 times and lost once.
Can somebody clarify for me please situation below:

cut it short - there is command, move, attack, end phase
1. you play your card
2. you move (or not) ALL your (valid) troops
now my question
3. you indicate which troops attack who and then you attack?

example:
Player A says that his archers X and archers Y will attack goblins Z. archers X shoot and kill all goblins. Will than archers Y have opportunity to attack other unit? Or they made their choice and they got no possibility but to stay down?

thanks guys

I just always state the order of attacking units i.e this one will attack first then this one, etc.

not sure if it is the correct way, but it adds strategy (attack with this unit first so even if the defender retreats the other adjacent one can still attack where if you did it vise-versa one of the ordered units loses an attack)

1. First battle I played exactly the same. first A - boom, than B - boom.

2. Next games I played with rule - "tough luck that you attacked already dead guys"

Well, Memoir 44 online game is clear and simple. You use option from sentence 1.

I guess that clarifies the rules for me.

This may be an unnecessary post, but the way the game works is the attack is announced just before it happens - no need to call out each attack in advance of beginning the combat phase. Should be the same way in Memoir '44 and all other C&C games.

Just finished scenario 3 with my bro. Another win. 6-4 this time playing human+goblins. This game is fun :P

btw. unpacked my dragons box and found troll card. is that normal? :)

Yes, normal. The troll didn't have a card coming with it and they were finally adding it in that box.