Getting into Organised Play

By davidlian, in 3. AGoT Organized Play

Hi guys,

I'm from Malaysia and thanks to the HBO series, there's a bunch of players wildly getting into the game right now. Stock that previously sat on the shelf for years, have flown off and our friendly distributor is ordering more from FFG.

Now, we've had an active Legend of the 5 Rings and Magic: The Gathering tournament scene for years. In fact, Malaysians have actually reached the M:TG World Championships. We're interested in getting some organised play going (something like Friday Night Magic) and was wondering if FFG releases promos or "prize" / "participation" cards in kits for stores and how do we go about ordering them in.

Is there somewhere to write to or did I miss a sticky / page on the site?

Thanks for the help and sorry for the n00b questions.

Hi there,

nice to hear you have a growing scene! Currently trying to build one myself :)

to the best of my knowledge FFG only do the 6 week tournament kits which should be available through your AGOT supplier, I ordered one to have a peek at what was in them and you get some nice stuff; pin badges, cloth house patches and the card storage box plus the achievement records for your players to note down their wins and losses.

clearly they do national and international tournaments but like yourself i've not seen much in the way of info on how to get involved in them?

keep in touch, be nice to hear how your scene develops

Later.

Thanks for the information! I'll be bugging my local game stores to bring in a copy of that tournament kit then and see if we can grow this community.

Hi David,

Where are you and your play group based? We've actually been trying to get some organized play going in and around the KL/PJ area but there don't seem to be many takers (despite product flying off the shelves!)

We have league kits at our disposal and our local game store is willing to back us up with additional prizes :)

Let me know?