Comprehensive Rules

By Erluti, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I always thought descent needed them, and after the Quest Book came out and didn't have a clean updated rulebook, I thought I'd write my own.

Well, I've never gotten around to it, so I figured I'd float the idea out here, since Descent 2e all but guarantees the rules (and FAQs) we currently got are the final Descent rules.

My idea was to compile them all together, separated by game concepts and with a good index. It wouldn't be like the original rules that follow the flow of the game, but rather be a rulebook where you have a question about something, and the contents and index can get you to a detailed explination instead of skimming through the combat section for dual welding.

Or is there a good rules-wiki that I just never found?

Hopefully someone with time for such projects takes this and runs with it...

And I don't think all 1e support is done... I think that they really need to take a look at what the FAQ group submitted to them... what a slap in the face if they don't.

Several people put A LOT of time into that FAQ project - FFG even gave a forum sub-section for it - and to give all that they would be foolish to not even take a look at the work and give a ruling on the questions.

I think it's time for a Living Rulebook (like BloodBowl)

Anyone still interested in this? I think a living rulebook or wiki or something similar would be a fantastic idea. I'd be willing to participate. I could host a site if we wanted to have our own domain and get a community together working on it. Just an idea.

SoylentGreen said:

And I don't think all 1e support is done... I think that they really need to take a look at what the FAQ group submitted to them... what a slap in the face if they don't.

Several people put A LOT of time into that FAQ project - FFG even gave a forum sub-section for it - and to give all that they would be foolish to not even take a look at the work and give a ruling on the questions.

More to the point, FFG made an enormous botch of SoB and it has never received a FAQ.
Oh yes, there are a handful of SoB questions in the FAQ, but it came out just a few months after SoB was released and it literaly takes months to play even a single game, so very few issues had even been encountered, let alone explored.

Not releasing one last 1e FAQ that covers SoB properly will be a body-blow to their credibility. They have a great reputation for supporting their games, but that would end if they abandon the purchasers of SoB so badly.