GEARS OF WAR vs SPACE HULK/DEATH ANGEL

By LETE, in Gears of War: The Board Game

Hi:

Totally newbie question:

How does GoW fare against Space Hulk? How about against Death Angel?

Differences? Similarities?

Thanks!

L

I will answer Your question, after I play GoW.

For now I can only say: I hope GoW will be great.

Gears of War has some interesting tactical options. One of which is a primary option, cover. The locusts can have it and so can you. The map tiles have more cover options the more difficult the mission rating is. For instance, the 6 phase "The Horde" mission sets you up against 6 waves of locusts. On the casual setting there are more tiles in the mission and easier to set up ambushes. On nightmare (I think it's called that) there are only 3 tiles and a ridiculous open area with cover options everywhere making it impossible to stay in any one area for too long.

The replay options opened up by challenge ratings are an excellent feature. Learn the mission on casual and work up to the hardest setting. You can also chain some of the smaller missions to represent actual console game situations.

Warning: If you play The Hive with 4 players on anything but normal you will likely die unless you know all the angles of the game and how to react accordingly to each enemy type. Oh, and luck is helpful too.

dystroya said:

Gears of War has some interesting tactical options. One of which is a primary option, cover. The locusts can have it and so can you. The map tiles have more cover options the more difficult the mission rating is. For instance, the 6 phase "The Horde" mission sets you up against 6 waves of locusts. On the casual setting there are more tiles in the mission and easier to set up ambushes. On nightmare (I think it's called that) there are only 3 tiles and a ridiculous open area with cover options everywhere making it impossible to stay in any one area for too long.

The replay options opened up by challenge ratings are an excellent feature. Learn the mission on casual and work up to the hardest setting. You can also chain some of the smaller missions to represent actual console game situations.

Warning: If you play The Hive with 4 players on anything but normal you will likely die unless you know all the angles of the game and how to react accordingly to each enemy type. Oh, and luck is helpful too.

You speak like someone who has played the game. Did you playtest? If so, I have a LOAD of questions for you! lol

I put up a review, but to sum up GoW plays nothing like Space Hulk or Death angel. If you are familiar with the Dungeons and Dragons Ravenloft boardgame and the sequel it has much more in common with them. I think they did do a good job of capturing the feel of the video game.

Thanks very much for the answers... Seems to be a keeper (when I buy it)! gui%C3%B1o.gif

On another topick, I wonder why the COGs won't wear helmets... sorpresa.gif

L

Because they” whant to see snipers” :)

I'd rather be protected from snipers...I'm thick headed but not that thick headed!

L

LETE said:

I'd rather be protected from snipers...I'm thick headed but not that thick headed!

L

idk if ur jokin but that was a gow 2 reference in the first one a dude named karmine gets sniped when his brother asks why none of the squad wearss helmets dom say because then we cant see snipers as good

yea it is a **** move

So, everything in the GOW universe is über this or über that, but the helmets are made of papier maché & pretty much useless (no radio, no special sensory data, no internetick connection, the works?)?

ROTFL!

L

But they have got filters gui%C3%B1o.gif

Hi:

?

L

LETE said:

Hi:

?

L

another gow2 reference fromthe same scene as b4