Where should i start?!

By Juanzarabozo, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Want to buy a box and start playing... Should i aim for the first edition or the second? Which edition do yo think is best rules-wise... and which do youy think gives me more for my money??? (miniatures, tiles, etc).

Second edition was just announced and isn't supposed to be out until 2012. Despite wild and rampant speculation, no one actually has any clear idea yet what 2nd edition will be like or whether it will be any good. All we've got is the preliminary marketing materials.

If you want to play this year , 1st edition is your only option. If you don't mind waiting, then there will probably be a lot more information about 2nd edition closer to its release.

I would think it would still be advisable to get the 1st edition game as NONE of the hero or monster figures in this set will be in the 2nd edition box set. You will be able to use all of these figures with the reasonably priced expansion kit.

mwhite212 said:

I would think it would still be advisable to get the 1st edition game as NONE of the hero or monster figures in this set will be in the 2nd edition box set. You will be able to use all of these figures with the reasonably priced expansion kit.

QFT.

I would still get the 1e base game and vanilla expansions, if nothing else. The minis can be brought over to 2e with the conversion kit (supposedly without any crossover according to what little we know about 2e so far) and the rest of the bits can probably be used for homebrew stuff. That's all assuming you don't decide to just stick with 1e in the end, of course.