Scale and others

By Enabaran, in Dust Warfare

Hi to all from Germanny

I like the Dust Tabel Top, but i have a little Problems with the Miniatures/Scale.

Some of the "Walkers" are only in 1:35 Scale.

why ?? Did this come later in other scales?

I know that the most items from Dust is a sclae 1:48. is that correct?

For the future i prefer more Walkers and Machines.

What for me is negative , is the Zombie/Horror Miniatues like Apes.

I wish that these will be stopped in then future.

In every "Nazi"/War Game the Nazis have Zombies etc. Thats bull!

Yrs Enabaran

Enabaran said:

Hi to all from Germanny

I like the Dust Tabel Top, but i have a little Problems with the Miniatures/Scale.

For the future i prefer more Walkers and Machines.

Yrs Enabaran

Zombies, Gorillas and Werewolves are staples in WW2 Pulp German forces. You are not required to use them if your force. You have to look at Dust as WW2 spin off first and then Bad Sci-Fi/Pulp second.

Dust Models has been around longer then Dust Tactics the game. So some of the models you will see online are of different scales as they are for modelling and display, not play. So the 1/35 (and at one point a 1/6 Soviet Walker) are not part of the table top tactics or warfare games.

Technically only figures produced by Fantasy Flight Games are for Dust Tatics/Dust Warfare and these are all 1/48 scale.

So Dust Miniatures/FFG miniatures made for the game are 1/48, models made for hobbyist and display are 1/35 and are not FFG.

Hope that helps.

Hi

Thanks that help me.

I will dont use the Undead/Gorrilas.

For me Dust tactics was first a very good Game without theses caracters. OK i will hope that it comes not to much in the future.

I see today fotos from Gen Con with new Walkers and Figures. Looked great.

What i want/Prefer is that FFG can sells the Playing Maps itself, so i can make my Battlefield Greater.

If the new Table Top Rules come out i dont need Maps, but its good to have Two systems to Play

Question: What is with normal Tanks or Comabt Vehicles, (Not Walkers)

is there any Planing in the future (like a special German SDKFZ 251 Version for Dust(Schützenpanzer))

Yrs Enabaran

Enabaran said:

For me Dust tactics was first a very good Game without theses caracters. OK i will hope that it comes not to much in the future.

I see today fotos from Gen Con with new Walkers and Figures. Looked great.

What i want/Prefer is that FFG can sells the Playing Maps itself, so i can make my Battlefield Greater.

Question: What is with normal Tanks or Comabt Vehicles, (Not Walkers)

I believe you can buy the tiles separately and they should be availble in the near future, as well as older cards.

There are currently no normal troops/tanks much to my displeasure. But arkangle has a great website with a bunch of house ruled normals on it.

The tiles will be coming out separately in the next release or two.

DT024.jpg

The Dust Tactics Terrain Tile Set includes 12 double-sided terrain tiles and more. These exciting components feature snow, warehouse, water, and bridge locations on which your Dust Tactics troops can wage their war. The Dust Tactics Terrain Tile Set also includes the Operation: Blue Thunder campaign book found in the original Core Set. There are eight scenarios featured in the campaign book as well as three bonus scenarios to play on massive maps that are 12 tiles large.

While I expect to play more Dust Warfare then Dust Tactics in the future, I like the new tile set a lot. I'm a fan of big games.

Still, tiles can be of great help to simulate urban fighting.

And to ease the use of gorillas and zombies

gui%C3%B1o.gif

These are models only for looks. You want the 1:48 the 1:35 will be much bigger. This is also 35mm and 28mm Heroic. Some 25mm and 28mm regular will work too. It is also O-scale for train stuff.

Yes

Can't help you there its personal preference to the game developer.

Enabaran said:

why ?? For the future i prefer more Walkers and Machines.

Dust models is a model company and 1/35th is the main scale for modellers - the game came after.

Zombies and Gorillas are part of the already existing world, again,before the game was made - check out the Dust comics.

Personally I'm hoping for some Axis Werewolves and Vampires as well - and we'll have to give the Allies some Druids and Supersoldiers to balance things out!

The nice thing is you don't HAVE to get any of the weirder stuff, you can just stay with the cool looking walkers if you like.

-Tim

Marauder said:

Personally I'm hoping for some Axis Werewolves and Vampires as well - and we'll have to give the Allies some Druids and Supersoldiers to balance things out!

The nice thing is you don't HAVE to get any of the weirder stuff, you can just stay with the cool looking walkers if you like.

-Tim

Bring on the weird ... for me it adds flavor to the overall game.

To talk of scale in a wierd war 2 game is problematic here in England. I use 28mm,1/60th,1/55th figures and vehicles. Larger fictional items I tie in by using correct scale acessories jerry cans, ammo boxes, bed rolls, tents etc. It all really comes down to personal taste. 1/48th sale military items are really great and lots of people use them. If it looks good,and you want it, go for it make the game yours..

Marauder said:

-Tim

If FFG gets the points system right, you are correct.