Does this forum always show "New"?

By ColtsFan76, in Arkham Horror League

I hate these boards. The one bit of solace I have is that the threads (mostly) highlight the little blue icon next to them that shows me it has new content. I can then r(usually) pick up where I last read and not miss anything.

But it has been frustrating that this forum ALWAYS show ther is new content on the main page. And I always check it to find nothing new has been posted. Even once I marked everything read and go back to the front page and refresh, it still shows new content here?

Is anyone else having the same problems?

Same here, though I'm less OCD than you Brian gui%C3%B1o.gif . Then again, I mostly hang around in the main board game window, logged off, checking the forums by post count to see there has been a new post in a forum I frequent.

The icon seem to work fine for me and do change when I have read them. I seem to have the opposite problem though. If it is a thread I created, then no matter how mnay people reply to it, it does not show as new for me. Strange.

Thought it must have been only me who was having this sub-forum always show new items, since I hadn't seen anyone complain about it before.

Bravo McWilley said:

The icon seem to work fine for me and do change when I have read them. I seem to have the opposite problem though. If it is a thread I created, then no matter how mnay people reply to it, it does not show as new for me. Strange.

Hmm, that might be happening to me. In fact, it just did with this thread! Sub-forum showed new, i get here and nothing. Almost left before I realized the post count was not 0.

I also noticed I get one random thread every once in a while that does not highlight blue. But I know it has new stuff since the threads before an after it are marked. I need to start paying attention and see if those were threads I started.

I get the occasional thread showing up as no new posts when I know there are like that, but I also know they are threads not started by me.

ColtsFan76 said:

Hmm, that might be happening to me. In fact, it just did with this thread! Sub-forum showed new, i get here and nothing. Almost left before I realized the post count was not 0.

Same here.

Hey guys and gals,

We are aware f the problem of the "new" blue light not lighting up or not ever turning off. It has been added to the list and will hopefully be good to go soon.

Thanks a ton for your guys (and gals) patience while we work on any lingering growing pains with the site.

JR

JeR said:

Hey guys and gals,

We are aware f the problem of the "new" blue light not lighting up or not ever turning off. It has been added to the list and will hopefully be good to go soon.

Thanks a ton for your guys (and gals) patience while we work on any lingering growing pains with the site.

JR

Thanks for the update. Is there some place where we can visit the "wishlist" you guys have? i would be curious to kow if we can get subscriptions, private messages, longer edit windows, etc. If these aren't possible, then I can quit wishing for them.

Currently all of those are on our wishlist as well. The software is new and we are working the bugs out of it. If there are some specifics that aren't something that is currenty missing from the previous forum software, let me know. Otherwise, rest assured that we are indeed working on bringing these new forums up to standards and then beyond them.

JR

[email protected]

JeR said:

Currently all of those are on our wishlist as well. The software is new and we are working the bugs out of it. If there are some specifics that aren't something that is currenty missing from the previous forum software, let me know. Otherwise, rest assured that we are indeed working on bringing these new forums up to standards and then beyond them.

JR

[email protected]

The posting interface is bad. Hard to format and quote. But I can live with that for the most part. Other than that, I think the above is all I really want.

The rest is just content info. Your release schedule was one of the best in the industry and I hope it reurns quickly.