Learn to Contrast PLEASE!

By aslum, in Support

Holy crap guys. CONTRAST. Grey on Grey is NOT a good contrast. You need bright on dark or dark on bright. Black background with contrasting text, or white background with contrasting text. This gray on gray mayonnaise is nearly illegible. It's fine when we're typing up our own posts, we can read those, but it causes serious eyestrain when trying to read what other people wrote. And if all we cared about was what we wrote ourselves, we could just type it in notepad.

Please, for the love of Pete, either fix the contrast, or give us the option to choose our own **** color schemes.

Here's some links that you might want to show your web designer

psdtuts.com/designing-tutorials/9-essential-principles-for-good-web-design/

www.dailyblogtips.com/43-web-design-mistakes-you-should-avoid/

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/01/31/10-principles-of-effective-web-design/

Also, *** editor, while fairly cool, isn't really the most secure CMS methodology ever. I really hope you are sanitizing your data very strongly.

Gotta agree. Killing my eyes trying to read everything on here! Is custom stuff coming and we just need to be patient? Or is this the final product?

And the person who thought, when setting/registering the profile that White on Yellow background was great should be shot! Come on, that color scheme is never good and makes it very hard to see what is in the dropdown or even in the text box!!

Cab

ColtsFan76 said:

Gotta agree. Killing my eyes trying to read everything on here! Is custom stuff coming and we just need to be patient? Or is this the final product?

Pretty sure it has been roven that high contrast difference between Text and Background causes more strain on your eyes than low contrast. What you idealy want is a low contrast but high colour differential.

Whatever it be,it needs changing.the letters just fade into the background.

OD

jadrax said:

ColtsFan76 said:

Pretty sure it has been roven that high contrast difference between Text and Background causes more strain on your eyes than low contrast. What you idealy want is a low contrast but high colour differential.

I don't care what they call it, just fix it! Gray on gray isn't working!!! gran_risa.gif

The initial posts, while not optimum, aren't absolutely horrible.

All of the replys are.

I like the color scheme, it perfectly fits in my Xfce Style.

And I have no problems to read it. Maybe different monitors causing some color/contrast differences.

jogo said:

I like the color scheme, it perfectly fits in my Xfce Style.

And I have no problems to read it. Maybe different monitors causing some color/contrast differences.

Same here.

I agree, having controls to let us set the color scheme would be the best solution.

And the White on Yellow is not FFG's fault. That's most likely your Google Toolbar trying to "autofill" common fields (like Email). When the Google Toolbar recognizes a text field as a certain type, like "Name", "Email", "Phone", etc., it highlights the background as Yellow. Unfortunately, it does not change the color of the font, so if the color is white, like it is in FFG's forum's case, it's very difficult to read.

-shnar

Yes, I also hate the newcolour theme and I find it hard to read.

I kind of liked the gray text. It was very easy on my eyes and I had no problem reading it. Now they obviously have changed to white text, and frankly it kind of hurts my eyes with that sharp a contrast. But I guess I'm a minority in thinkng the gray was better...

Woo. One extreme to another.

*sigh*

Yeah, the white text, while readable is kind of a pain. I'd much prefer black text for the replies if they're going to stick with the same background. The contrast is high enough, but not too much.