1e to 2e Converstion kit - need to purchase 2e core set?

By Old Blue, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Aloha - quick question - I have 1e and many of its expansion kits - will I need to purchase the 2e core set or is the conversion kit good enough to get me up and running?

I'm thinking, if the core 2e has to be purchased in addition, it could cause the current player base to be fractured (i..e, part staying w/ 1e).

The costing of the upgrade is great and if there's any extra items needed, perhaps a bundle kit of additional items could be sold as well?

If you want to play 2nd edition, you need to buy the box

The convertion kit is only so that you can use your heroes and monsters from 1st edition

2nd Edition has a completely different set of monsters and heroes

The convertion kit only contains monster cards and character sheets

Mestre dos Magos said:

But I don't need the box gran_risa.gif

Old Blue said:

Mestre dos Magos said:

But I don't need the box gran_risa.gif

I wouldn't say you have to purchase the box. You buy the stuff inside and the box is thrown in for free! happy.gif

PWBrian said:

I wouldn't say you have to purchase the box. You buy the stuff inside and the box is thrown in for free! happy.gif

Hmm - maybe I'll wait for the special edition that includes a free albatross

If you've collected five free albatrosses, you'll get the sixth for free ;-)

****, I was hoping after five you would get a bald eagle...

Old Blue said:

No such luck. However, FFG is offering a conversion kit to transform your albatrosses into bald eagles, if you like. =)

Steve-O said:

Old Blue said:

No such luck. However, FFG is offering a conversion kit to transform your albatrosses into bald eagles, if you like. =)

That might allow me to kill two birds with one stone - sounds like a good deal - ignoring ESA and MBTA violations of course gran_risa.gif

Hmm - I just thought of this - will the conversion kit include stickers to show which monster and hero converted/upgraded? Although, I think, FFG should use sweater vests and hats but not capes, as that would be over the top...

Assuming that FFG post the rules for Descent 2nd Edition, it may be possible to convert a 1st edition scenario to 2nd edition while only purchasing the upgrade kit, but I wouldn't bet on it.

TeufelHund said:

Assuming that FFG post the rules for Descent 2nd Edition, it may be possible to convert a 1st edition scenario to 2nd edition while only purchasing the upgrade kit, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I'm quessing that it will have parts that are unique to 2e - but I am excited to see how the new version will be happy.gif