Most Important Card?

By Vase, in Star Wars: The Card Game

Here's an interesting thought I had this morning:

I noticed in the LOTR forum that people have referred to the Gandalf card as "training wheels." Most people tend to think that if they can play that card multiple times per game, they will win. If they don't ever get Gandalf, they will lose. He is being viewed as a necessary card. To some, the most important card.

Will SW have a similar card? If so, what will it be?

No real way to answer this untill we get a much better idea of how the mechanics of the game will work or how the cards will interact with one another.

The obvious answer to this is Chewbacca. The threat of arms leaving sockets trumps anything else.

Obi-Wan Kenobi. He's our only hope.

I'm going to agree with Darksbane, because the best strategy is to let the wookie win.

R2-D2. He saved the main characters multiple times each movie.

I vote for Yoda! cool.gif

Cheers!

If I had to choose, I'd say the Gonk droid. Everone knows the Gonk droid is the God of the Star Wars universe and it all revolves around him.

Admiral Ackbar, he knows when something is a trap ;) That allways comes in handy..

"The obvious answer to this is Chewbacca. The threat of arms leaving sockets trumps anything else." - Darksmane

It's not the best strategy, It's the only strategy.

Maybe it'll be like SWTCG, and be all about Sandcrawlers. And if you're not playing Sandcrawlers, you're doing it wrong.

Spike1382 said:

R2-D2. He saved the main characters multiple times each movie.

Hah! This is really true. I wonder if the R2 card will let you use his jet thrusters or his oil regurgitation abilities :)

It's gotta be R2, he is the icon here at the FFG-homepage as Gandalf is the icon for LotR ;)