A novice question about treasures and the dungeons of the game

By Apollwn, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hi all

Me and my friends we played yesterday for first time this magnificent game. We just played the 1st scenario that is about killing a Giant named Narthak. Some of us believed that after the Giant is killed all the treasures from the game should be removed from the dungeon and the heroes should not be able to open any chests after achieving the goal of their mission. Some others insisted that the dungeon remains as it is even after achieving the goal of our mission. To the point, is it possible to kill Narthak and then loot the treasures in the dungeon?

I would be grateful for any answers posted

I am looking forward to your reply

Thanks a lot

Apollwn said:

Hi all

Me and my friends we played yesterday for first time this magnificent game. We just played the 1st scenario that is about killing a Giant named Narthak. Some of us believed that after the Giant is killed all the treasures from the game should be removed from the dungeon and the heroes should not be able to open any chests after achieving the goal of their mission. Some others insisted that the dungeon remains as it is even after achieving the goal of our mission. To the point, is it possible to kill Narthak and then loot the treasures in the dungeon?

I would be grateful for any answers posted

I am looking forward to your reply

Thanks a lot

Hi there

when you complete the quest goal (in quest 1 is "killing the Giant Narthak") the adventure is over. Heroes receive a CT bonus just to measure how sound their victory was.

In the rare case the party has lost a chest, looting additional treasure has no purpose because you can't carry on treasures and Gold between quests in base game, even in campaign mode.

Thanks alot for replying :) could you please tell me what the letters CT are for?

CT = Conquest Token(s)

To reiterate, every new quest is a new game, started with a blank slate. You don't carry over anything from the previous quest. Thus, it doesn't matter if there's still treasure lying around, because you can't take it with you.