Release schedule for adventure/mission packs

By Spirit Juggler, in Star Wars: The Card Game

My main hope is that when it comes time to release this they are ready with the first couple of mission packs to come out in the following months without having to wait as we've had to for LOTR for any new content.

Please FFG. Don't keep us hanging for new cards after the core starter comes out.

Expansions will be done by then, they will likely be working on set 2. Same as LOTR. LotR delay had nothing to do with the expansion not being completed it was due to shipping and customs issues.

Yeah, but it still was disappointing that the game released in April and we're just this week getting the second Adventure pack.

Agreed, hopefully they won't have the same issues and will be able to hit the ground running.

spirit said:

My main hope is that when it comes time to release this they are ready with the first couple of mission packs to come out in the following months without having to wait as we've had to for LOTR for any new content.

Please FFG. Don't keep us hanging for new cards after the core starter comes out.

There should be at least a couple months' worth of waiting between the initial game's release, since it will inevitably cost a bit more than the individual packs and therefore mark a larger investment.

I don't see why there should be a couple of months waiting after the core set release at all. I understand completely that the release of the first LOTR adventure pack was held up by things outside FFG's control. I was one of the lucky ones that got their hands on it from the promo release.

I do think however that the lesson from that would be to have the first and maybe even second packs in hand and ready to go before the release of the core set. That way there wouldn't be several months delay between core set and the first expansions becoming available.

Agreed. Especially with such a licence that promise to be at least as big a seller as LotR!

The expansions are likely soon to be started as FFG is always an expansion ahead. They will be ready by launch. Hopefully they are not plagued by the shipping/random customs checks at the border that plagued LotR.

I think the biggest challenge is getting the second set/first expansion released soon after the initial release. Can't tell you how many card games I've played and lost interest on the premiere set, waiting for new material...a few months feels a lot longer when you get that early momentum and excitement.