How Do I Get to Test Play?

By Peacekeeper_b, in Dust Warfare

How doe sone become a playtester for this?

throw a penny in the well and wish real hard

Ya gotta go to GenCon. Looks like my wife is gonna be real mad when I cancel our vacation to the beach and I head to the con. Hmmm play a game or divorce. . . gimme a minute Im still thinkin!

Come on Katman, where are your priorities? Obviously you should head to the con, take copious notes and pics and do a live stream for all of us Dust nutters. Now, i must get back to painting before the wife comes home...

Katman....GenCon 2011 is only once...in a lifetime. Wives...there's always another one waiting just down the road. ;)

Finally they release this. Andy Chambers is good... I guess..? And I REALLY hope that they change things up and not have everything painted snow-like... I know the Studio Painter for DUST can paint other stuff...

I think that dust warfare should be merged with dust tactics forum btw. We need only one painting and modeling sub forum , rules sub fora can be separate. There is no point in separating community.

Katman said:

Ya gotta go to GenCon. Looks like my wife is gonna be real mad when I cancel our vacation to the beach and I head to the con. Hmmm play a game or divorce. . . gimme a minute Im still thinkin!

Its all good man Ive been happily divorced for 12 years.... gran_risa.gif . Its been along time since I look forward to a game this much.

Poyet said:

I think that dust warfare should be merged with dust tactics forum btw. We need only one painting and modeling sub forum , rules sub fora can be separate. There is no point in separating community.

I agree. Premium Edition DT has it's on page too...

Poyet said:

Totally agreed!

man im looking forward to this game this what i brought the minis for

Really interested about this: will it be a skirmish game and how many troops should be needed for a force? Currently playing Warhammer Fantasy Battle and getting really tired of painting the armies of hundreds of models...

Poyet said:

They are two seperate games with seperate rules so why would you want them to share a forum.

Poker and Magic: The Gathering are both card games, should they share a forum?
Warmachine and Warhammer 40K miniatures are both on round bases, should they share a forum?
Twister and Mario Kart Wii both come in a box, should they share a forum?

Just because games have something in common doesn't mean they must share the same forum.
At this point we know hardly anything of this game so it is way to early to say that it is best to combine the games into one website/forum.

FlorisH said:

Poyet said:

They are two seperate games with seperate rules so why would you want them to share a forum.

Poker and Magic: The Gathering are both card games, should they share a forum?
Warmachine and Warhammer 40K miniatures are both on round bases, should they share a forum?
Twister and Mario Kart Wii both come in a box, should they share a forum?

Just because games have something in common doesn't mean they must share the same forum.
At this point we know hardly anything of this game so it is way to early to say that it is best to combine the games into one website/forum.

THats teh worst argument I ever heard. First off, Dust Tactics and Dust Warfare use the exact same minatures, the same setting and most likely the same dice and the same "base rules". Dust Warfare might as well be called Dust Advanced with Dust Tactics called Dust Basic.

Put Dust Tactics in the Miniatures forum and make them all either the same general forum or forums that are side by side and move Dust Board game to be under Dust as well.

A seperate game deserves a seperate forum.

I do like how this topic has gone from "how do I playtest" to "one or two forums" before it even got of the first page happy.gif
Perhaps we should let it go back on-topic.

So FFG, how do we go about playtesting Warfare?
(Yes I already know about the demo at GenCon)

FlorisH said:

A seperate game deserves a seperate forum.

I do like how this topic has gone from "how do I playtest" to "one or two forums" before it even got of the first page happy.gif
Perhaps we should let it go back on-topic.

So FFG, how do we go about playtesting Warfare?
(Yes I already know about the demo at GenCon)

Yeah give it its own forum, Im just saying put all three forums in the same general location so I can shift through them easier.

@FlorisH: Man you love fallacies! Neither Dust Premium or Dust Warfare are "different games", rather versions Dust Tactics, and they are targeted to the same audience, that is why it´s pointless to separate the forums for the same community, simply give them special sections of their own on the same forum as Peacekeeper says.

WHFB an WH40K??? WTF??? They have different rules, miniatures, AND setting.

The Poker-Magic argument must be the silliest thing I´ve read in a long time! I guess you´re were just trolling...

On the off-topic issue I agree totally.

Aldarion said:

Neither Dust Premium or Dust Warfare are "different games", rather versions Dust Tactics, and they are targeted to the same audience, that is why it´s pointless to separate the forums for the same community

I bet the people who have spend all that money on their premium Dust Tactics models will be interested in learning how to paint over their models in the painting forum gui%C3%B1o.gif

I don't troll, I speak my mind. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is stupid.
Me, I don't like religion but I will never call it stupid.

The more "out there" an example is the more people will think about it and what it implies. This is something I have learned many years ago and it has always served me well. I might be blunt sometimes but stick with me and you will learn to take my comments on the chin and see them for what they are, a way to keep a conversation from going stale.

There is also the fact that the Tactics forum is a mess with topics in the wrong place and duplicate topics (no edit button doesn't help). If one forum covers multiple games the mess only gets bigger.

The first comments stated that there should be just one forum, after my comments the idea of one website but seperate forums from the same hub page came up. It is possible that without my comment that idea had not been presented. Seeing how much FFG moderators get involved with the forums I doubt any of our comments will amount to anything being done to make the forums better. (I'll say it again, an edit button is a must for these forums).

The board has subsections for board games, miniatures, card games, etc. A Dust Universe subsection with the various games and forums would be good.

A lot longer than I intended so sorry about that.

Wow. . .How bout them Cowboys? Anybody seen that movie The Expendables? There was some much testoserone when I took my wife to the movies to see it I had to pee in a corner just to make sure I left my mark. Now back on topic, There will probably be more beta testing after Gen Con then again Gen Con may be the Alpha 1.5 test after which we may learn more about any possible playtesting.

Katman said:

Anybody seen that movie The Expendables? There was some much testoserone when I took my wife to the movies to see it I had to pee in a corner just to make sure I left my mark.

hahahaha you paid to go and see The Expendables. Expensive way to waste 2 hours of your life (and that of your wife, who also had to watch you pee in public).

I don't think this topic is in any way going back on topic. FFG don't let the public do any playtesting so there you have it happy.gif

"hahahaha???" What happened to not trolling? Anyway......

I just want to see some news about GenCon. I can wait a bit to play as it will give me time to catch up my army.

As for the forum merging....it would be nice if I didn't have three forums to check about Dust. Dust Tactics, Dust Premium, and Dust Warfare could all link to one forum and have it subdivided accordingly. That's just me though....

-Jeff

Hanomag said:

"hahahaha???" What happened to not trolling? Anyway......

Touche, my good sir.

It will be good to read about experiences at GenCon in regards to Dust Warfare.

Two forums is rather uneccessary as posts and news will just get duplicated or one forum will be innactive, all it really needed was a Rules Board and maybe a DW General Board on the DT forum. This in turn would generate a bigger, more active community.

O'h, and I expect playtesting is finished by now. To become a playtester you need to get noticed by either having a really good fan site or extremely active and helpful on the companies website or recomended by another. Well that worked for me forother companies anyway :)