Release date?

By Jonz, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game

Hi all !

anyone knows a release date of the second edition of that game please?

when we could see it in shops?

I think Fantasy Flight are generally pretty cagey about release dates until very near the time.

I think several months yet. Might be the end of this year, might be MUCH later.

Mighty Jim said:

I think Fantasy Flight are generally pretty cagey about release dates until very near the time.

I think several months yet. Might be the end of this year, might be MUCH later.

so, i hope to see it in stores about christmas time!

it would be a nice present under christmas tree gran_risa.gif

I doubt they would throw in as much artwork as they did, all posted on the FFG website, unless they were very close to actually finishing the game. I assume 3rd to 4th quarter of this year, anything else wouldn't make much sense to me. In time for Christmas sounds like a good call to me.

I am somehwat amazed at the length of time to get this product out (assuming 4th quarter is accurate). Someone was falling asleep at the wheel on this one. Did no one in the marketing group understand the potential sales increase with the HBO series coming out? The book publishing community guessed this right....and it has paid off in the "Game of Thrones" book series has captured 4 of the top 10 positions in the New York Times weekly top sales lists and have held the positions for many weeks now.

Too bad Fantasy Flight didn't see this coming, they certainly could have a solid sales going and be preping for nexts years 2nd season tie-ins.....with a potential 4 more years of HBO series, maybe they will get better in the years to come.

Cooperbrad said:

I am somehwat amazed at the length of time to get this product out (assuming 4th quarter is accurate). Someone was falling asleep at the wheel on this one. Did no one in the marketing group understand the potential sales increase with the HBO series coming out? The book publishing community guessed this right....and it has paid off in the "Game of Thrones" book series has captured 4 of the top 10 positions in the New York Times weekly top sales lists and have held the positions for many weeks now.

Too bad Fantasy Flight didn't see this coming, they certainly could have a solid sales going and be preping for nexts years 2nd season tie-ins.....with a potential 4 more years of HBO series, maybe they will get better in the years to come.

Absolutely true...except: I emailed customer service mentioning the importance of the HBO series and the release date for the reprint and they said they were aware of the series. So why, I asked, did the reprint not come out earlier? No answer. Granted, back then there wasn't even a mentioning of a 2nd edition. So for all I know they held back with an explanation because FFG never lets anything slip about future release dates or possible new editions until they are almost ready to ship it.

I am assuming someone made the decision to switch from a simple reprint to a full new edition. Furthermore I assume that they could have kept the date for the series if it had been a simple reprint; a new edition takes more time, though. And I assume they didn't seriously consider making a new edition until it was too late to time it with the HBO series.

Is possible to traductor of spain? Thanks

I dont think the delay will make as much difference as you think. Anyone who watched and enjoyed the series will see this in a shop and think "oh Yeah, that series was really good" and buy it anyway.

Looking forward to this. Havent got the first edition but played it. Didnt want to get it as it was just 5 players unless you paid out for an expansion. This one being 6 will encourage me to buy it.

i dont have the 1st edition also, but i played it.

prolly i will buy this second cause i love the graphic...i would enjoyed much more seeing minis instead of "old style" miniatures of the 1st edition.

however 6 players, new graphics,some new rules from expansions... that is all i need to buy it.

Whenever this comes out, I think it'll be a must buy for me. We have a lot of downtime at work, we play a lot of games, and we all love the books and HBO series, so this oen will get played a lot. I had a lot of trouble getting the first edition because all my local game stores had trouble selling it after the LCG came out. Hopefully this'll get them sotcking the obard game more.

I suppose in Spain, the launching date will be later than in GB or USA. They have to translate the game (rules and cards). Albeit, it´s possible that they want to sell the game before Christmas. Anyway, you can buy the english game in several shops in Madrid if you are impacient to adquire. May be just a month or two later with these countries

AJOLIRAY said:

I suppose in Spain, the launching date will be later than in GB or USA. They have to translate the game (rules and cards). Albeit, it´s possible that they want to sell the game before Christmas. Anyway, you can buy the english game in several shops in Madrid if you are impatient to adquire. May be just a month or two later with these countries

Snibe said:

Whenever this comes out, I think it'll be a must buy for me. We have a lot of downtime at work, we play a lot of games, and we all love the books and HBO series, so this oen will get played a lot. I had a lot of trouble getting the first edition because all my local game stores had trouble selling it after the LCG came out. Hopefully this'll get them sotcking the obard game more.

I want your job.

I just bought the first ed and both expansions last Christmas and love them. I still will purchase the second edition as this game is a big hit for us.

I was just checking to see if anyone posted the release date here yet because Amazon.com has had the release date posted for at least a couple of weeks now. It's listed as a November of 2011 release, they are usually very good with thier accuracy as well.

The secret's out now, just check Amazon.com for all of your boardgame release dates. I did this with every Talisman expansion and they were right on the money every time.

Awkward... Still not out yet, hoss!