One Fist's Hero Ability Clarification

By Warklaw, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

The question I have is in regaurds to the second half of the statement:

" He may alwaysmake one Melee attack, rolling 1 Red and 1 Green die, in addition to his normal actions."

Do the dice mentioned mearly give the base weapon dice, like an item card would? Meaning, that when making an attack with the hook you use 1 red and 1 green die in addition to black dice from your melee trait, and any additional die from items, skills, fatigue spend, or other sources?

Sorry I did search the forums and the FAQ for an answer to this question but I did not find one.

Yes, he gets his Melee trait dice and any bonus pertaining to Melee attacks (or attacks in general).

I have an additional question, would that ability mean he could declare a battle action and in effect do two attacks with an equipped weapon and then a third attack with that ability?

solmead said:

I have an additional question, would that ability mean he could declare a battle action and in effect do two attacks with an equipped weapon and then a third attack with that ability?

Yes, and not necessarily after completing your normal action (incl. Battle). You may make the hook attack at any time during One Fist's Turn, after declaring the chosen action for that Turn. For example, you may attack with weapon, attack with hook and attack with weapon again (Battle). Otherwise you may move, attack with the hook and place an order, or even place the order before attacking to make the hook attack aimed (Ready). You may also Run and make the bonus attack at any time during movement.

Would you get offhand bonuses from equipped weapons?

solmead said:

Would you get offhand bonuses from equipped weapons?

No. Off Hand Bonuses require 2 equipped 1H melee items. The 'hook' is not a 1H melee weapon/item.

But it is a common house rule to allow OHB for One Fist's hook.