Regarding Lost Battle Plans

By endros2, in Battles of Westeros

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site and recently bought the Battles of Westeros Core Set with the plan to play it on a trip (which I'm curently on). During the course of the trip, I accidently lost the Rule and Battle Plans booklets. Now, I have found and printed the Rules book for the game However, the Battle Plans book is not available ANYWHERE and I'm currently at a loss on what to do in order to play. Any and all help is welcome. Thanks in advance, Endros.

You could try telling FFG customer support that it was damaged when you got it and see if they send you another one. ;)

Otherwise you can probably find it at certain... less than legal sites.

so.. the short of it is that i'm sol? awesome.

I would suggest you just contact FFG Support and they may just send you one. Just tell them it was lost during traveling - their customer support is top notch!

It's funny. My friend lost his Battle Plans book, and we could find the Rules Book online, and here's what the Rules Book here on the website says.

horseqr.jpg

I guess they just didn't want to host the original Battle Plans book. :/

Endros said:

so.. the short of it is that i'm sol? awesome.

I believe FFG views the Battle Plans as valuable Intellectual Property that they don't want to share publicly online. The worst part of their unwillingness to share the Battle Plans is that it seems very unlikely that they will ever release a corrected version of the original Battle Plans. Fully half, 5 out of 10 of the Battle Plans in the Core Set are misprinted. And it seems like they tend to misprint about a third of all published Battle Plans. I would be less irritated by their refusal to share the Battle Plans online if they would spend more time getting the Battle Plans right the first time.

can we find correct battle plans on BG for example?

skolo said:

can we find correct battle plans on BG for example?

No, FFG has not allowed the Battle Plans, corrected or otherwise, to be shared, at least as far as I can tell.

Should we try to start a fan-based letter writing campaign to correct the Battle Plans and share them online for fans to download correct versions of content that they paid for?

i dont think that will help. seeing what and how FFG is dealing with customers

I really sucks that we can't download the battle plans.