Victory condition question

By Jaykay2010, in Warrior Knights

I have just bought this game and am working through the rules in order to play it with my boardgame club (Southend on Sea if youre interested).

The rules state that one way to win the game is to control more than half of the unrazed (available) cities in the Kingdom at the end of a game round, thereby taking control of the Kingdom by force.

My question is simple ... there are 18 cities + 6 overseas cities. Do you count the overseas cities toward the total number of 'available cities in the Kingdom' in any one game?

If you do, and lets say you were playing a 6 player game with ALL the cities .. then you need to control 13 cities as the total is 24.

If you don't count the overseas cities, then you only need to control 10 (more than of 18).

Could anyone shed some light on this.

One of the reasons I ask is that each Baron only has 12 control markers, (plus their stronghold marker)

I would appreciate anyones thoughts/experience on this ... many thanks

Kingdom cities are only cities on the main map - overseas cities are specifically excluded.

That's great, thanks for your help.

For anyone interested in joining a new boardgame club in Southend-on-Sea, then look up www.southendboardgamers.co.uk to find where and when we meet.

Don't forget that as you play thru the game, some, possibly several, cities might be razed leaving you with less. If you have all 18 to start the game and the 6 of you each raze a city, leaving 12, the winner would need 7 of them.