FJ in Italy project [JagdLuthers] (9-13-12)

By theguildllc, in Dust Tactics

Started my FJ in Italy project. I imagine them as taking part in a mission to retake Monte Cassino and thus push the allied line south.

For now the Army will consist of Manfred, a comand squad, 2 panzer killer squads, 2 sniper squads, 5 recon grenadier squads, 2 hermans and 2 heinrichs. I think thats about 305 in points. I only took units that i thought would be deployed via airdrop or glider, thus only light walkers, no apes, lasers etc. Will add rackettentruppen if and when they come out.

photo2.jpg photo1-1.jpg photo14.jpg photo13.jpg

Thats all ive got painted for now. Will updates once ive got more done.

Awesome looking figures.

Don't they drop walkers out of giant shells? If so, perhaps you could take a Lothar with you, or have the Lothar dropped after the zones are secured. I think you are really going to need the fire support from one in the Cassino area.

The only walkers i see dropped from giant shells in the comics are the Kv-47s. I also have an '88', quad 2cm gun, a Bf 110 and Hs 129 for anti armor. Might also include a Pak 40. Its not really a balanced army anyway, more interested in a 'fluffy' army.

You could put a single nebelwerfer or a 5cm gun on a Hermann. Remove the lazer and leave the opposite side intact. They do not look bad either.

im waiting to see what the capabilities of that walker in the new core set are.

Those look great man this is going to be an cool project. Its good to see a themed army. My brother wants to do a Mediterranean/ Africa allied army but is stumped on the uniforms (dosnt want all the cold weather gear). Are you sculpting the Fallschirmjaeger heads or are they from a manufacturer?

the heads are from SOTR. med/nor africa american troops had the same basic combat uniforms and equipment as in europe, he might be able to pull off the look with some head swaps (try warlord games or SOTR). try contacting FastCo, i know he loves the med/nor africa stuff and is knows alot about US uniforms.

theguildllc said:

the heads are from SOTR. med/nor africa american troops had the same basic combat uniforms and equipment as in europe, he might be able to pull off the look with some head swaps (try warlord games or SOTR). try contacting FastCo, i know he loves the med/nor africa stuff and is knows alot about US uniforms.

Cool. I have some of the SOTR (got them so I could swap out Ozzs big head) ones but didnt realize warlord did separate heads. Ill have to check those out. Hes more interested in loosing the long coats and heavy gloves.

yeah i used those brit heads with the beret and gasmask on british paras and powersuits (the ape suits from sotr) and tyhe warlord heads from the british plastic kit for the pbi brits.

Great Project theguildllc ! Pure awesomeness !

I love thematic armies.

Btw Early Fallschirmjäger helmets were manufactured from existing M1935 helmets by removing the undesirable projections. So in worst Case scenario you can just do same.

And quick question do you know where to get Imperial Japan helmets and caps?

poyet, i havnt seen any japanese heads, warlord may have some in the pipes as ive seen theyve got some japanese models on deck.

Thx for info and really inspirational thread.

You need to add at least one Italian unit- cool camo ! and ..

Bersaglieri.jpg

51RfAR68lAL._SL250_.jpg

about my Imperial Japan ....ACW hats and Modern British helmets will work?

I was going to do some telemimico (italian camo) pants, but hadnt thought of doing an italian unit. will haver to consider it...

For everyone interested in Fallschirmjäger in dust tactics i found that on internet 033.jpg

DoomOnYou72 said:

theguildllc said:

Cool. I have some of the SOTR (got them so I could swap out Ozzs big head) ones but didnt realize warlord did separate heads. Ill have to check those out. Hes more interested in loosing the long coats and heavy gloves.

FJ Smokes are bulky any way.

You can get Tamiya kits to kitbash

top.jpg

top.jpg

you could buy some cheep 28 mm plastic with naked hands kit like Perry plastic Sudanese Tribesmen (40 for £18).

Thx to Spaulders it should work. I did some initial work on Perry French Hussars and it looks ok.

hope that helps

dust011.jpg dust009.jpg dust007.jpg dust006.jpg dust002.jpg

I really like them. The FJ have always been my favorite Axis forces in the real WW2. I wish I could paint like this. As for the heads, I guess I will have to get them from SOTR or something. Do you have a link?

And I noticed in Seelowe that they drop all sizes of walkers, not just light. And they drop Apes and Zombies too.

Slick work. Love the detail.

You probably already have the book but I'll just throw it out here for everyone's reference:

Fallschirmjager by Bruce Quarrie (Osprey Publishing)

It's a pretty good source of info. The same company put out a good book on Eben Emael which I used to create a pretty complex scenario in another game. Lots of pics, both books.

006.jpg

Hs 129 with 5cm gun from Dust Tactics above and below and Bf 110 with 88 botom two.

004.jpg 003.jpg 001.jpg

OK, well that's just way cool...and no foo fighters. gran_risa.gif

well i dont know why it keeps cropping my pics like that, also it wont let me change the topic header like it did before to reflect current update. anyway below are two more Recon squads and a shot of the force so far. only a 'Hans' and three more squads to go!

012-1.jpg 009.jpg 008.jpg

really want to do a Ho 229 but cant find one that fits scale and budget...

Great looking army there Guild. Id probably add the Sturmpioneers when you do the hans to give them a little more hitting power- and besides everybody loves flamethrowers.