Activated chit ideas

By Icey101, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

Our group has been using various chits to indicate when a unit has been activated for the turn (which I really do like a lot). With the sort of person that I am that is not happy with basic plastic chits/beads I want something that stands out. I looked at getting Litko counters but the closest ones that I found that seemed right were green arrows that said activated. I actually would like to find something else though and was looking for ideas.

Won't Litko do custom tokens, I was thinking they did?

They do custom ones...but the only ones I found were their list of shapes and custom text on them...and the price is almost twice as much.

maybe gf9 will do some?

It's quite easy to make your own. Google a suitable graphic or make your own in Word or something, print, laminate and cut out. I've just made some for the Bushido game, found a nice blank Samurai back banner, downloaded an oriental style font add text - done.

Major Mishap said:

It's quite easy to make your own. Google a suitable graphic or make your own in Word or something, print, laminate and cut out. I've just made some for the Bushido game, found a nice blank Samurai back banner, downloaded an oriental style font add text - done.

I was thinking of this...or I might get some plastic ones shaped like a shield and use the laser engraver at work to etch Dust icons into them for each faction.

Well this might sound "politically incorrect" to some, and if so, I please asktt id to not troll-jump to my neck for mentioning it...but a friend has had an excellent idea for "activated" counters...

Just use empty 22 cal. bullet shells! Providing players are 18 or older I don´t see why not and it really looks well themed and could be very easy and inexpensive to comeby. Of course, larger calibers can be used too.

What ever you use, it is better then flipping the cards over.

Agreed.

Also all that "flipping" the card is sort of utopic, the tiles laready eat up a lot of board space for having extra to exhibit the cards...and you don´t really need much to look at the card after you get used to the game...

Right now I have a unactivated and activated stack...the issue is during combat...the get mixed up at times.

I don't seem to have a problem, I have them all laid out for easy access and then put on a pile when activated. I don't have to look at them again during a turn as we know their armour values and I keep track of damaged by placing a white D4 on the mech or next to the hero, being white you can hardly see them and do not take away from the asphetics of the gaming table.

there is no way in hell spent cartridges are politically incorrect!