A Trio of Sci-Fi Suggestions

By ClockworkHorror, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

2 Movies and 1 Video Game! Not exactly fleshed out ideas... but definitely three awesome franchises I'd like to play board games based on. :)

The first would be a board game a la Fury of Dracula/Battlestar Galactica based on John Carpenter's the Thing. A competitive/cooperative game where paranoia reigns supreme and the people surrounding you may, or may not be who they say they are. While loyalties would be hidden, the Thing's ability to assimilate other lifeforms would make for a decidedly nail biting game.

The second would be something squad based, probably cooperative, maybe with a competitive element, based on Aliens. Make of that what you will, but I'd love to see another board game based on the Aliens franchise with different scenarios. I'm super excited about Gears of War, but I'd also love to see something with the iconic Alien stalking Marines around a facility/starship.

Third would be something based on Dead Space. With the second game in the franchise opening up the scope of it a lot more, I could definitely see a team based game with Earth Gov struggling against the Unitologists while the Necromorphs make short work of anyone caught in their grasp.

+1 on the Aliens franchise suggestion. I would also love to see a Dune game and a Firefly game (I know one exists already but I hear its not very good).