DE Unlimited Slaves

By Warrior R, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

Hi!

This is a Deck I wanted to try out. The Deck aims to play the Effect of Countess Iseara on either Walking Sacrifice , Crypt Ghouls , or Veteran Sellswords so that they can return for the cost of just 1 ressource unlimited times a round. There are many cards which can sacrifice them. So I can draw a lot of cards, and gain a lot of ressources, but I think what's missing is a real Finisher. Maybe you have an idea. Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks and lg
Warrior R.

3 Innovation
3 Lash the Prisoner!
3 Offering of Blood
3 Veteran Sellswords
3 Walking Sacrifice
3 Whip the Slaves
3 Contested Village
3 Dark Visions
3 Chaos/Dark Elf Alliance
3 Crypt Ghouls
3 Culling the Weak
3 Dwarf Slaves
3 Slave Pen
3 Thief of Essence
2 Invoke Khaine's Wrath
3 Blood Dragon Knight
3 Countess Iseara

Warrior R said:

The Deck aims to play the Effect of Countess Iseara on either Walking Sacrifice , Crypt Ghouls , or Veteran Sellswords so that they can return for the cost of just 1 ressource unlimited times a round.

That's not how it works. When a card enters the discard pile, it forgets any changes that had been made to it. So if Iseara gives a unit in the discard pile necromancy, you play that unit, and then sacrifice/destroy it, you will have to use Iseara's ability to give it necromancy again to be able to bring it back.

As for the deck itself, since it is highly dependent on Iseara, and Destruction isn't very good at protecting units, I'd say Raise Dead is a must so you can get her back if your opponent simply focuses on stopping your plan by destroying her at all cost.

The deck also has quite a few cards in it that aren't related to the theme. It might benefit from more units with come into / leave play effects and/or units with in-built necromancy to lessen your dependence on Iseara. Wight Lord comes to mind.

I'd consider switching to the DE/Orc Alliance and adding at least One Orcs Scrap and Lobber Crew. Both go well with the Iseara and raise dead plan.

Ok, thanks for your answers. When the combo with Iseara doesn't work than I don't want to play this deck anyways.

Thanks, and lg Warrior R.

I have a question: At a cost of 1, Iseara gives a unit in the discard pile necromancy, so it can "be played from the discard pile as though the unit was in its owner's hand". But this means the player still has to pay the actual cost of the necromancy card to play it, correct?

Yes, you still have to pay the cost (base + loyalty, if that applies) of the unit. Just like if it were in your hand.

I don't understand that rule. Iseara gives the unit necromancy "for the turn". Why would you even need that time stamp if it resets when you sac it? For me, having necromancy for the turn means I can "play the unit from the discard pile as if it were in my hand" for the turn. The name of the card doesn't change when it changes zones.

Well, the FAQ is clear on this one:

Out of play is the deck, hand, and
discard pile zones.
If a card would go to an out of play
zone, it goes to its owner’s out of play
zone. A card that moves from an in
play zone to an out of play zone is
treated as though it were a new card.
Any effects connected to the card will
no longer affect it. The only exception
to this rule is any abilities that trigger
when a card moves from an in play
zone to an out of play zone.

Not having that rule would certainly lead to some overpowered effects, but I'd say most importantly it would be very difficult to keep track of things. And where do you draw the line? If a card with resource tokens on it is returned to hand and then played again, does it get the resource tokens right back? It's better this way.

Mallumo said:

Yes, you still have to pay the cost (base + loyalty, if that applies) of the unit. Just like if it were in your hand.

I'm embarrased to admit that I've never realized that the definition of necromancy printed on the cards wasn't the full version of the ability. I've been playing it wrong all this time. Outside of cards like Wight Lord and Lobber Crew that really benefit you if they are played over and over, it doesn't seem like that good of an ability. Use your resources for mediocre units that are only going to be there for one turn? Only if I've got nothing better to play in hand.

Yes, like Titan I have been playing this deck type wrong too. I suppose paying 1 resource each time isn't too bad a change. Especially when the units you want back are 0 or 2 cost.