Where's a cop car when you need one?

By vonFiedler, in UFS General Discussion

Cause I sure as hell feel like tipping one!

Oh wait, you wanted us to give you chances right? Even without avatars (no good reason at all) and messaging (again, no good reason)? Okay, we'll play it your way.

No Sakura avatars? Well, there's a chance lost.

Half the avatars don't work anyway? Another chance lost.

No fan created forum? Looks like you're out of chances.

I smell corporate BS...

vonFiedler said:

Oh wait, you wanted us to give you chances right? Even without avatars (no good reason at all) and messaging (again, no good reason)? Okay, we'll play it your way.

I smell corporate BS...

Dude... Chillax. The forums were just launched today.

In a number of other posts throughout the forums the following has been stated:

• Avatars are available (looks to the left of this message).
  • More Avatars will be added. Paul himself will be adding more avatars to the site. If there is a specific image you want Paul to use, maybe email him about it? [email protected]
  • If something on the website isn't working, notify someone about it. Specifically [email protected]
  • Want to see something added to the site? Like a Fantasy Card section? email [email protected] with your suggestion.

By no means is the site "completed". This is one of the things that FFG has been working on since prior to Gencon. With this launched, you are going to start seeing more updates to the site more frequently.

I'm not going to chillax. I've done a bit of looking around and this whole thing reeks of corporate bizarro-innovation. Isn't this what people were afraid would happen about 3/4 a year ago when FFG took over? Well I'm not a cynic, but here we are.

And for your information, I do have an avatar. It's called Terry. I don't know what it looks like, because this system is busted, but I have it.

You've gone HERE and looked at what they've done for the UFS main page right?

Yes, they're melding all their products into a single cohesive website. If you are one of the leading companies in the gaming industry shouldn't you do that?

Are there glitches right now? Yes.

Has FFG admitted that? Yes, repeatedly.

Are their programmers working on it over the weekend to fix the issues? Yes.

The site now has the option to click a link and report issues directly to moderators. That was something that people asked for repeatedly. Now they've been given it.

No, your avatar isn't working properly. Have you notified anyone other then making this post?

UFS is going to remain UFS. It's still going to be released in boosters and starters. It's not becomming a Living Card Game.

Tone down the 5 alarm fire. If this site really bothers you, and you're not interested in helping correct the bugs, then go visit the old forums until the bugs around here are worked out.

This is a massive implementation with a bunch of working parts. Cut them some slack.

vonFiedler said:

I'm not going to chillax. I've done a bit of looking around and this whole thing reeks of corporate bizarro-innovation. Isn't this what people were afraid would happen about 3/4 a year ago when FFG took over? Well I'm not a cynic, but here we are.

And for your information, I do have an avatar. It's called Terry. I don't know what it looks like, because this system is busted, but I have it.

All this complaining over an avatar?... and what's wrong with Bizarro corporate innovation? Did it forget to shower or something? I mean, besides being from bizarro land apparently, it seems functional to me, eh?

Care to be more specific and comprehensive about your complaints, or is it just the terry avatar thing? ...

Not letting us to supply* our own avatars is not a bug. Someone thought it was a good idea for us not to have our own avatars, for us to be creative, for us to have some control over our image. And I can guess why, it's one of two reasons, and neither are good. But they both fit pefectly in the cautious corperate archetype people have been telling me that FFG is for almost a year now. The big difference is that I never really knew anything about FFG, but in one foul swoop I get to see just how they operate. And they can "fix" the forums all they want. They won't take away what I've seen today.

*I didn't say upload, I've been on forums with options that didn't load the avatar into the website

On that note, I don't think its an accident either that there is no fan created forum. Probably for the same reason that J.K. Rowling doesn't like fanfics. And while I'm sure they'll fix this little faux-pas if enough people whine about it, I will remember this as an insult.

Err... being able to choose an avatar froma selection of hundreds, vs no avatars on the STG boards? Would you prefer going back to the old STG model?

Maybe start up a UFS fansite that has everything you feel these forums are missing?

I personally don't think there is a need for a fansite section on these furoms. I never really cared for them in the past, and probably won't care for them in the future. I have no interest in seeing people's creativetivity past thier deckbuilding and strategies. As for avatars, oh well, You can't win them all. I came here to chat and discuss UFS, not to chit chat about how this guy likes pictures of terry smelling flowers or looking at whispering eyes or how that some other guy likes to draw pictures of himself doing things to UFS characters.

Yay for UFS players and their inherant pessism/anti-corporate attitude!

But honestly, the Vega avatar is yummy :) and NO, there is no such thing as a Disney Vega!

-dut

I will love it when the looping issue gets solved but the whole " I can't upload my own personal avatar" thing doesn't bother me to much but when a Yamazaki avatar becomesd available then I will be in heaven.

vonFiedler said:

I smell corporate BS...

God, people like you just piss me off. Seriously, world doesn't revolve around von FSCKING Fielder.

OK now everybody, let's just caaaaalm down.

Honestly, this took me by surprise, and Antigoth, where ARE the older forums? Because everytime I used my usual address, www.fantasyflightgames.com/ufs , it didn't work.

As for this new forum, well, it's still being developed, so like all good Fantasy Flight products, that means we won't see the actual thing into way later on when we're already so mad we don't even care.

But really, it's a website, and they've got other stuff to work on. I'm sure we'll see fan creations and other such forums, and if we don't, we just have to demand it.

TripsEX said:

vonFiedler said:

I smell corporate BS...

Holy fsck dude shut up. This whole NEW GOD **** WEBSITE has been live FOR ONE DAY. Unless you plan on fixing it yourself that I would close my mouth because this 'corporate BS' as you put it is the reasont that UFS is around in the first place. So you can't make terrible SSBM cards or have your Yaoi Terry Avatar just yet, quit fscking crying about it.

God, people like you just piss me off. Seriously, world doesn't revolve around von FSCKING Fielder.

*STAMP*

vonFiedler said:

but in one foul swoop I get to see just how they operate.

Would you like to play the 'pros' and 'cons' game here? If so, start a new thread. If not, I hope you do it by yourself, and see what the give and take here is. Here. I'll provide a premise for the new pros and cons forum, should you feel to examine your hatred of the new forums so publicly. "Is the lack of costumizable avatars so 'foul' that it outweighs the positive features that can be done with this merging of all forums?"

There. Now think before you post! And play nice! :)

sir_shajir said:

I personally don't think there is a need for a fansite section on these furoms. I never really cared for them in the past, and probably won't care for them in the future. I have no interest in seeing people's creativetivity past thier deckbuilding and strategies. As for avatars, oh well, You can't win them all. I came here to chat and discuss UFS, not to chit chat about how this guy likes pictures of terry smelling flowers or looking at whispering eyes or how that some other guy likes to draw pictures of himself doing things to UFS characters.

While everyone has their own opinions, I quite liked the fan forums. It was a place for people to show off their creativity outside of deck building.

Does anyone remember why they got the fanfomums anyways? wasnt it because all the fan stuff was in the GenDiscussion? im pretty sure that was why

Link said:

Does anyone remember why they got the fanfomums anyways? wasnt it because all the fan stuff was in the GenDiscussion? im pretty sure that was why

Pretty much, and mostly because there was a LOT of it back then. Honestly, if Fanforum is revived, I want my French language forums back. It'll have the same amount of users anyway.

French language forum would be awesome. i miss it. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy corazon_roto.gif

Captain Ren said:

French language forum would be awesome. i miss it. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy corazon_roto.gif

Is you in the UK or the States? No? You don't matter on the intarwebz.

lol.

and xenomic is going to have fits about the lack of fan made forum! He's all about fan fic! You should read his star trek furry fan fi... oh wait... that's a secret between me and him... j/k

Seriously though his stuff was fun to read. And we will miss it, though, he could probably just external link us to his photoshop or some webpage with the stuff and update the thread once in a while in general discussion...

Honestly, there was so few fan cards being made that a general topic for fancardism could be made in GD and it could do, or even one topic by creator. How much were there in the end? About 3 (not counting my absolutely unupdated Slammasters fanset).

Homme Chapeau said:

Honestly, there was so few fan cards being made that a general topic for fancardism could be made in GD and it could do, or even one topic by creator. How much were there in the end? About 3 (not counting my absolutely unupdated Slammasters fanset).

Or... Fan cards could be put on Fan Forums, where they could do what they want.

where ARE the older forums? Because everytime I used my usual address, www.fantasyflightgames.com/ufs , it didn't work.

Try here:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ufsforums/forums/list.page

Antigoth said:

Or... Fan cards could be put on Fan Forums, where they could do what they want.

True. Either way, we'll see what the future holds.

vermillian said:

lol.

and xenomic is going to have fits about the lack of fan made forum! He's all about fan fic! You should read his star trek furry fan fi... oh wait... that's a secret between me and him... j/k

Seriously though his stuff was fun to read. And we will miss it, though, he could probably just external link us to his photoshop or some webpage with the stuff and update the thread once in a while in general discussion...

Hey! Wait a minute! That fan fic was never released! oVo

Joking aside, I was wondering why there was no fan forums to begin with. It's one of the last things that's keeping me tied to the game so closely right now due to nobody wanting to play it here and lack of money now (yeah yeah Vermillian. I know! "Job hunting! Do its! NOW!!!" >.>). No fan forums pretty much kills what I do right off the bat. That, and I won't have any reason TO make anymore cards, seeing as I'd have no reason to update if nobody can see them, not including my friends who could care less about it anymore I think.

Avatars, not really THAT big of a deal to me. I can KINDA see why it's done, though I would think it'd require less coding to let the user upload their own avatars than coding in a SQL database worth of images (I'm assuming it's a SQL database. I could be quite wrong on that one).

Hopefully we'll get a fan forum though. At least it'll give me something to do to keep me in the game. And besides, I like reading some of the other people's stuff, even though I may not get around to replying due to me doing 50 other things. ^^; And I like to hear from people on my stuff, or what little people that do reply, even if they are, well.....not as balanced as I'd like them to be.

Paul was notified yesterday about the avatar issues and how about half don't seem to work so it is being looked into... i'm curious though... for those of you who cannot see about half of the avatars, what browser are you using (Paul asked me the same question)? under both AOL and Internet Explorer i'm unable to see those avatars...