Altar of Despair - Gauntlets of Power

By leoJ2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

If you get this copper treasure when in a dungeon, the card says: All of your attacks gain the ability: "~~: recover 1 fatigue." My question would be if I rolled 4 surges during a melee combat can I use these surges to gain the 2 fatigue and then use them to increase my attack, or do I have to designate 2 surges for a fatigue and two surges for the combat? For example, if my hero is using an axe, can I use the surges to increase the axe damage and also gain 2 fatigue?

once you designate a surge it is "spent." so if you have an item that has ~~ damage +1 and ~~ range +1 and you roll 4 surges you may spend surges to a) gain 2 damage, b) gain 2 range, c) gain 1 damage and 1 range.

I seem to recall that the Gauntlets of Power were errataed in the FAQ so that you have to exhaust them as part of the cost to use them. This makes them less abusable as you are limited to one activation per turn.

slaphead6 said:

I seem to recall that the Gauntlets of Power were errataed in the FAQ so that you have to exhaust them as part of the cost to use them. This makes them less abusable as you are limited to one activation per turn.

this is correct. i would highly suggest picking up the latest FAQ LEOJ, as most of your questions are answered there.