Decals

By player1049648, in Dust Tactics

Grand Inquisitor Fulminarex said:

Peacekeeper_b said:

Anyone see if they had any 7th ATC decals?

I just checked the site and they do not have them. They have 101st, 82nd, 2nd Rangers, 5th Rangers, 1st, 28th, 29th, 35th Infantry, 1st Cavalry, and the Armored Infantry.

Bummer. Would have been cool to have my old Unit Emblem on them. Doubt they have my current unit as well, Military District of Washington DC LOL.

Peacekeeper_b said:

Anyone see if they had any 7th ATC decals?

How was Germany, my wife loved it when she was with the 3rd Corps COSCOM, she of course spent some time in Grafenwoehr.

As I mentioned before you may be able to get some inkjet decal paper and print your own. I'm planning on trying it out my self sometime.

Germany was great. Did two tours there for a total of 5 years and only deployed to Afghanistan once form there. Was at Hohenfels (not to far from Graf). Now Im stuck int eh humid death trap that is Maryland in July!

I know what you mean, I'm in West Virginia, where it's 98 F and 98% humidy.

Here's a link to the decal paper I mentioned: www.testors.com/product/136937/9203/_/Decal_Paper_-_Clear_%26_White , didn't want to go too far off topic, you'll appearnlly need a can of spray "decal bonder" to make the decals into actual useable decals. There more info on the site.

Testor also has a kit with some software, but I've never used it.

You shouldn't need any software, you can use word or any other program to make your decals, then just print it out like normal. The spray creates the plasticy film over the sheet of paper and it sucks the printer ink onto it. You'll have to cut out the decal close to the edge of the artwork or you'll have a bit piece of film, it's like 1 big layer of film on the paper, not like some professional kind of decals where the film only covers the artwork area.

It's really cool though, I used it for my Chaos marine army to print out a custom army emblem for my tanks. Here's my land raider, the little KK emblem is a printed out decal :)

http://www.timkline.net/wargames/kryptkeepers/images/land-raider.jpg