Does an Attachment continue to give an effect even if I steal it from the attached character?

By Gualdo, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

First Scenario

Devious Intention on a Lanni char.

I steal the stealth with Arya Stark CS - The character lanni continue to have stealth cause attachment?

Second scenario.

A non-maester Char with Apprentice collar

with Old nan I drop maester trait. Does Apprentice collar continue to give the trait or must be discarded? And What if the char had equipped 2 Apprentice Collar?

thx in advance

Gualdo said:

First Scenario

Devious Intention on a Lanni char.

I steal the stealth with Arya Stark CS - The character lanni continue to have stealth cause attachment?

Assuming they don't have printed stealth or another lasting effect that grants stealth, no.

Gualdo said:

Second scenario.

A non-maester Char with Apprentice collar

with Old nan I drop maester trait. Does Apprentice collar continue to give the trait or must be discarded?

The Collar continues to provide the trait, but Old Nan continues to remove it. The result is the character won't have the Maester trait (making the same assumptions I did above), or +1-1=0.

Gualdo said:

And What if the char had equipped 2 Apprentice Collar?

The character would have the Maester trait: +2-1=+1

This is all straight from the FAQ:

Lasting Effects Conflict

Even if not triggered at the same time, multiple Lasting Effects may affect the same card at the same time. For example: a character without the Power icon is affected by two lasting effects. One (such as Slander) removes a Power icon from the character, and one (such as Lordship) adds the Power icon to that character. In this example the two lasting effects cancel each other, and the character is left unchanged. The order in which the lasting effects take place is irrelevant: the net sum result of all lasting effects is applied to the character (the net sum of -1 Power icon and +1 Power icon is 0, thus the character remains unchanged). A character can never have more than one icon of a specified kind.

Lasting effects that affect other character attri- butes work in the same fashion. For example, if a character has a base STR of 2, and a last- ing effect (such as Forever Burning) lowers that character's STR by 1, and another Lasting Effect (such as Gutter Rat's Cunning gives
the character +2 STR, the net sum modifier affecting the character is +1 STR (-1 +2 = +1). Thus, the character has a total STR of 3. If a character's STR is ever lower than 0 after all effects are applied, its STR is rounded up to 0.

If, at any time, two (or more) lasting effects create an endless loop that cannot successfully resolve itself, resolve the loop as if neither lasting effect were occurring.

Thanks a lot!

The moral of the story Fatmouse is telling you is that gaining and losing keywords or traits works just like gaining and losing icons, STR, or anything else. You always follow the "1 + 1 - 1 = 1" method.