Your favorite quotes from dance with dragons

By Old Ben, in 6. AGoT Spoiler Space

I´m not yet through the book, but after the first few chapters i found it interesting to peak out some

quotes that should really make it to a ccg card - either a s a citation in the game text box or as title for a card.

I came so far to the following quotes:

"Where do whores go?" - by Tyrion (Tywin) Lannister

"Can I have his boots?" - by Owen the Oaf.

"I failed the father, but i will not fail the son." - Lord Jon Connington

The North Remembers

Dobbler said:

The North Remembers

Yes, that was great . I really liked the scene with the dead man alive and Lord to fat to sit a horse. I´m now 40 % through the book and must say i´m enjoying how the story goes on. It´s also my impression that Martin is actually driving the whole story faster forward than he did in feast for crows. And it seems to me that he has a whole lot more of pov narratives in dance with dragons than he had in all the books before.

A peaceful land, a quiet people.

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.”

"Don't make me rue the day I raped your mother."

already posted in the dance thread but ill go again

"if he really is Jon Connington"

spoken by Randyll Tarly 3 times, i don't know it just set up the idea that Tarly was one of the young lords in Rhaegars little pack and maybe his loyalty is more in line with Connington than Highgarden

"Then you know nothing, Jon Snow."

Another one. This one took me by surprise coming out of Mel's mouth, and resonated with me because I really liked Ygritte and her dynamic with Jon. Ygritte gave me an "in" on Jon, to whom I had been unable to relate until she showed up.

"Dead things in the woods, dead things in the water"

Freaking chilling. There are a couple of points in this novel where Martin skillfully turns epic fantasy inot horror fiction.

jack merridew said:

already posted in the dance thread but ill go again

"if he really is Jon Connington"

spoken by Randyll Tarly 3 times, i don't know it just set up the idea that Tarly was one of the young lords in Rhaegars little pack and maybe his loyalty is more in line with Connington than Highgarden

I agree - and your post of this was what really got me thinking that Aegon might be a fake as well. That and that i kept going back to teh Quiathe scene in Danearys 2 to interpret her warnings.

Stag Lord said:

"Dead things in the woods, dead things in the water"

Freaking chilling. There are a couple of points in this novel where Martin skillfully turns epic fantasy inot horror fiction.

Yeah, he's pretty good at doing that switch.

The scene in Storm where the Nights Watch mutiny in Craster's Keep was the first time that I had the " **** me, what genre is this again? " feeling with him.

As for Dance quotes, the best line is surely:

" Go to Lord Qyburn on my behalf, bring him a white cloak, and tell him that the time has come ."

"I have watched you for a long time, watched you with a thousand eyes and one."

Saturnine said:

Don't remember that one- who/where?

Mighty Jim said:

Saturnine said:

Don't remember that one- who/where?

Roose, of course, while talking to Ramsay.

"Tell her we are waiting. Tell her to come soon."

To me one of the most powerful moments in the book, a stirring reminder that Dany's quest in Slaver's Bay is not just a whimsical detour but is powerful movement with meaning to many people. Unfortunately it also highlights Dany's current immobility, both geographically and mentally.

"And the only reward I ask is I might be allowed to **** and kill my sister." Crass, vulgar, and oh so very Tyrion.

All of him, all of him was burning.

"Though mayhaps this was a blessing. Had he lived, he would have grown up to be a Frey." Laughed out loud at Wyman Manderly with this line.

"Never trust a cook, my lord. They’ll prune you when you least expect it.”

"Hizdahr, Humzum, Hagnag, what does it matter? I call them all Harzoo."

My sentiment exactly

Rubinon said:

My sentiment exactly

LOL. Mine too.

Rubinon said:

My sentiment exactly

That would be great flavor text for an event card like this...

Moribund in Meereen

No action may take place this round.

madkasel said:

Rubinon said:

My sentiment exactly

Moribund in Meereen

Or how about a Location: " Mereen " : No event cards may be played, you cannot initiate challenges. Domnance: pay 1 gold per character you control with the 'mercenary' trait or given control of that character to another player.

madkasel said:

Rubinon said:

My sentiment exactly

Moribund in Meereen

I'm on board. Man, the Dany chapters are still very hard for me to read.

JerusalemJones said:

Though mayhaps this was a blessing. Had he lived, he would have grown up to be a Frey." Laughed out loud at Wyman Manderly with this line.

Yeah - that he actually said it suprised me - was awesome though.

That, and "The North Remembers" were great. I know there's one I loved that I've apparently forgotten already - maybe 2nd red through will help

LordofBrewtown said:

JerusalemJones said:

Though mayhaps this was a blessing. Had he lived, he would have grown up to be a Frey." Laughed out loud at Wyman Manderly with this line.

Yeah - that he actually said it suprised me - was awesome though.

That, and "The North Remembers" were great. I know there's one I loved that I've apparently forgotten already - maybe 2nd red through will help

I was surprised, too. I think it shows the level of stress everyone is under in Winterfell.