Best piece of gear?

By ak-73, in Deathwatch

After having played a bit, I must say I like the Astartes Jump Pack. Somehow you always find yourself right smack in the middle of the action. Priceless.

Alex

Personally, I enjoy terminator armor. Very resilient allowing you to bring heavy firepower without fear of enemy retribution.

ak-73 said:

After having played a bit, I must say I like the Astartes Jump Pack. Somehow you always find yourself right smack in the middle of the action. Priceless.

Alex

+1

Also:

Masking Screen for defensive power. (Combine with Stummers for Ninjawatch).

Signum + Link for ranged ganging up.

Stormbolter for "Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar"-olter Assault.

Going to try out:

Master Crafted Stormshield
Psychic Hood.

My fav piece of Wargear is something I can’t talk about due to NDA’s ( sad.gif ), but my second fav piece of wargear is the Storm Bolter.

And until the errata came out the best piece of wargear was the Breaching Auger. That thing was nuts!! sorpresa.gif |

BYE

Right now my favorite piece of wargear is the Narthecium our Apothecary wears.

Like AK said that jump pack finds me right smack in the action, which means my wounds hovers around zero, a lot. sorpresa.gif

I love the Jump Pack, but also have a strange faciniation with the CameleolineTarpaulin preocupado.gif

Auspex :)

something my marines always take with them, no matter what mission type.

Power Armor. It does so many things, and I often forget just how useful it is.

My bolter. An Imperial Fist never leaves home without it.

Stalker-pattern boltgun loaded with Kraken bolts. Not the most lethal combination, to be sure, but quite appealing to me for some reason. happy.gif

Best gear simply but true: Power Armour! No other piece offers more benefits, except for your own Astartes-body! gran_risa.gif

Lucrosium Malice said:

Right now my favorite piece of wargear is the Narthecium our Apothecary wears.

Like AK said that jump pack finds me right smack in the action, which means my wounds hovers around zero, a lot. sorpresa.gif

You ain't a real marine if you got more than that on a regular basis. gui%C3%B1o.gif That's what Nartheciums, Fate Points, and -let's not forget- True Grit are for.

Alex

War gear is nothing without the will to use it ;)

I would say the most important wargear I had to pay requisition every mission is the combi tool.
A bit expensive for standard equipment but non the less very important.

Right now its my Auspex, never leave home without it.

I use my Auspex constantly and miss my chainsword. The powersword seems to lack the burtality (thematically) that should be meeted out to heretics.

Thunder Hammer & Stormshield.

I have not met an enemy I could not best in close combat with my two farvorite pices of wargear :)

Skapulan Bolter: DW Relic item. 2d10+9, bolter specialty from tactical makes it +11, 96-100 doesn't jam it, comes with master crafted combat knife on the end of it, has a fire selector that allows 3 different ammunition types to be in the gun at all times, stalker patter, accurate, and enemies that dodge automatically receive a -10 to dodge when fired upon. my black temp. tactical champion uses it with Recoil Suppression to fire 1 handed, with the combat shield and DW relic blade, its a must for any space marine that can afford such a wonderful Relic.

Where does it say that the Skapulan bolter is of Stalker pattern? Shoudn´t it have a much greater Range then?

You know that you need two hands to wield a Relic blade?

As a Ultramarine Tactial my most favourite piece of gear are the various special issue ammunition together with my Hesh-pattern bolter. For very few Req-points you get a deadly weapon for nearly all occasions. Against Tyranids for example use a fire-selector (2 Req) with Metal Storm Rounds (15Req) und Hellfire Rounds (for free). The Hesh-bolter even comes with motion predictor, preysense sight, the accurate and reliable qualities for free.

In the picture it has a scope on it, i assumed that made it a stalker pattern, has a range of 120M. I made the relic blade balanced from a our iron hand forgemaster. Hesh pattern is nice, though for ultras only. hellfire rounds are the shitness, near-soloed a mawloc with them.

Stormbolter - many hits easily

Mastercrafted power armor - good (and the same) defence and seals itself!

Psychic hood - keeping your bodies out of Psychic line of fire

Heavy Bolter - (with storm of steel) horde? what horde?

Force Sword - Setimental reason: main item to remind me of my chapter

Oh yeah! The book's been out for a while now, so I can finally say what my fav piece of gear is:

The Fire Wasp!!!

30 req of pure awesomeness. It's common to have 1-2 of those in every session we play.

BYE

For the one battle I got to use it: the Skapulan Bolter. Loaded with Stalker rounds, my loyalist Alpha Legion marine was inflicting massively damaging shots from concealment.

For less end-game scenarios, a boltgun with fire selector is marvellously versatile and hard to empty in a single fight.

The righteous fury of a sworn Astartes of the Imperium!!

A Frostaxe and a mean streak wide enough to use it on pretty much everything.