What determines the current season?

By f7eleven, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

I got the coreset and the Stark, Baratheon, Targaryan and GreyJoy expansions this past weekend. Played a three-way game with the core precons then couldn't wait to beef them up with the expansion cards.

Anyway, we noticed some cards that change the season, and or act differently depending on whether it's currently Summer or Winter. We couldn't find anything in the rulebook about this.

Can someone please explain?

THANKS!

f7eleven said:

Anyway, we noticed some cards that change the season, and or act differently depending on whether it's currently Summer or Winter. We couldn't find anything in the rulebook about this.

There are no special rules for Summer or Winter. Everything is on the cards involved. It's essentially the same as giving a character the "Night's Watch" trait so that it can interact with other cards, but in this case, you make the entire game "Winter" or "Summer."

There are "Crown" attachments in your expansion packs that make it one season or another under various conditions. The main cards that make it Summer and Winter are the Black Raven and White Raven cards from the Time of Ravens chapter pack cycles.

Thanks so much! Your reply, verbatim, should go into the FAQ! We wasted like 15 minutes trying to figure out how the season was determined before we gave up.

f7eleven said:

Your reply, verbatim, should go into the FAQ!

I agree it should go into the FAQ. I mean, he gives it like every other day. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Ratatoskr said:

I agree it should go into the FAQ. I mean, he gives it like every other day. gui%C3%B1o.gif